cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Confirmation thru program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share your ideas on doing the confirmation in SRM (GR) thru program?

I have to develop a custom program and has to take the PO line item details and have to create the confirmation in SRM system with the given details. This confirmation also should reflect in the backend R/3 system.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Try function BBP_PD_CONF_CREATE.

It might take a bit of effort to get it working but it should work, and it will also work via RFC.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. I already tried in different ways in using that function module, but none of them were created the confirmation. I was getting different errors when executing it.

Do you have any idea on how to use this FM?

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. There are other threads on SDN for this, try this for a starter:

If you are still stuck let us know what specific errors you are getting in the function module.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave for your response...

what structures to be populated to the FM BBP_PD_CONF_CREATE from PO FM BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL?

in the FM BBP_PD_CONF_CREATE i can see 2 different structures for item I_ITEM & E_ITEM. which structures to be used to provide the item data?

Thanks for your timely help.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I would try the E_ tables, as I would guess E is for export.

I have not used this function for a few years, I'm afraid I can not remember which I used.

However, all the I_ and E_ have the same structure, so try the E_ first and if that does not work it will only take a few minutes to change to try the I_ instead.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually..... Now I think about it, I would try it the other way round, try the I_ first.

You want to import into the function, and it will export the results.

It is confusing, but as I wrote it won't be difficult to try 1 set first then the other.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should I populate all the I_ structures data from PO to this FM?

i mean, I_ITEM, I_ACCOUNT, I_PARTNER, I_LONGTEXT,I_ORGDATA, I_TAX etc...?

in the I_ITEM, there are few BE_ fields. i guess, they are for backend system information. do we need to populate this data too? or just SRM PO details will be okay? please advise...

Thanks,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. What I would do is call the function as the other thread suggests, presuming you are using extended classic. If you are using classic then get the data from the cart instead, use BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL.

Then loop at E_ITEM and move corresponding to I_ITEM on BBP_PD_CONF_CREATE but blank field GUID, the system will create new item GUID's for you. Also change field QUANTITY to be the quantity you want to receive, and set field FINAL_ENTRY if you want to.

Now, I would try and run it, and see what happens, and read any error messages in E_MESSAGES.

I would expect errors about partners, if you do then loop at E_PARTNER and move corresponding to I_PARTNER. This time blank PARTNER_GUID, that is unique to each document, the system will allocate them later.

Then try it again. If you get errors about org data then loop at E_ORGDATA and move corresponding to I_ORGDATA. If you get errors about tax loop at E_TAX and move to I_TAX and so on.

You will only need to populate I_LONGTEXT if you want to store longtext on your confirmation.

I actually need to do this development again myself later on this year, so I might try and prototype it soon.

If you are still having problems I will let you have my example.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Dave for your inputs. I'll try as you guided and come back with the result.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

did you get the program for the confirmation, i´m having the same problem, i´m trying to do but i´m not getting it.

If you can give some help, sample of the code or something like that it would be great.

Best Regards,

HT