cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BroadCast Workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can broadcast this workbook based on infocube 0CCA_C11 using the "Execute" and by a scheduled date and time. It sends the workbook thru email.

I wanted to also broadcast this workbook using a process chain. I created a start process and then the trigger Event Data Changed. I used my cube name as the variant.

When I'm in the broadcast settings I'm not really sure if I'm doing this right.

What are the steps to have it send this workbook ?

I click on Overview of scheduled settings and and see the

following:

Event "Any data change or Predefined Time"

Settings:

Created By

Scheduled By:

Any help on how to make this workbook broadcast will be rewarded with points !

Thanks

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Richard,

Try to create a process chain using the process type "Load process and post processing--Trigger event data change (For BEx Broadcaster) for the particular infoprovider".

Once you create and activate this process chain then based on the option "Any data change" under Event selection in the overview of schedule settings you can achieve what you needed.

Let me know

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try that. Thanks for the time.

I also discovered the following which suddenly creates lots of options.

1) Create a Broadcast setting for the workbook.

2) go to program "RSRD_BROADCAST_STARTER" and create a

variant with the setting name you just created in the

Broadcaster.

3) Schedule with SM36 the "RSRD_BROADCAST_STARTER" using the variant created.

4) Its great !

If I wanted to I could also just use a process chain with an abap starter.

Thanks

Richard

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can include an ABAP prg in a process chain...would that help your case? See process under General Services grouping...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is what I will be using ...

Thanks AGAIN !

0 Kudos

Hi richard,

Very good solution...you saved me..bcoz I wanted to schedule the workbook only on weekdays and not on weekends..I was trying all possible things...but it looks like your solution should work...!

Is there any simple way of scheduling my workbooks to run on weekdays only without these "workarounds" ?, bcoz from the online help it is mentioning about the program "RSRD_BROADCAST_FOR_TIMEPOINT", but for some reasons it doesn't brings up the screen...or not working..

thanks

gopi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can Someone tell me where this option is ?

"You need to activate and schedule the process chain. Then the user can choose Execution with Data Change in InfoProvider and can specify the desired InfoProvider during scheduling of their broadcaster setting."

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

This will be available to the user running the report...if we are talking about a web report based on the web analyzer, then there is a tab for IB and here the user can maintain the broadcasting settings as per auth granted to him/her.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is its a Excel based Workbook ?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simply a workbook, I guess...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the Trigger Event Data Change have to be part of the data load chain ? Or can I set it up in a chain by itself. My goal here is to have an abap program determine when to start the Broadcaster. We want to use a table to get the start date and time.

Either way I'm not seeing the options shown in the online help link.

Thanks

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Trigger Event Data Change has to be part of the data load chain.

"My goal here is to have an abap program determine when to start the Broadcaster. We want to use a table to get the start date and time."...Not sure about this, thinking...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyhelp is great as always !!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

That did not really help.

Is what I'm trying to do possible. I just want to use a process chain to fire off the workbook. In the document help link it does not describe how to set this up in the broadcast settings. Only describe the process chain part. Do the cube have to really change or can you just trigger the "data changed event"

Thanks

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos