cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting Error's in SXMB_MONI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AII,

Once there is a error in any message some times its says Systes Error Restart Not Possible..& Some System Errors Restart is allowed

What is the reason is it like Sync message cannot be restarted or only Async message can be restarted.can some one put some light on this ..

but i can Resend all messages in RWB ..what is the resaon.. ?

what happens if i restart a message ..? whether it creates a new message ..or with the same message ID .. ?

Regards

Shakif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to the abhishek's reply

It is logical that XI does not allow to restart the synchronous messages. As in synchronous interface, if error occurs then sender will be intimated and session(between the sender and the IE) will be closed . If you restart the synchronous message the how the sender will receive the message as session is closed between sender and IE.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Once there is a error in any message some times its says Systes Error Restart Not Possible..& 
Some System Errors Restart is allowed

When you process a message it goes from the IE to AE.......so it can fail either in IE or in AE

When the message fails in IE you get a message saying Restart Possible......

When a message Fails in AE...in sync case....you get a log in SXMB_MONI and a message that Restart not possible......

What is the reason is it like Sync message cannot be restarted or only Async message can be 
restarted.can some one put some light on this ..

When you get an error from sync message processing it means that the error may be thrown by AE while trying to connect to the end system......so in this case IE is incapable of restarting....as IE has already succesfully done its processing and that the AE part has failed.......

In an Async case...you can restart a message from IE if it fails in IE.....if it fails in you do not get back a error into IE.....in such a case you can only resend the message from AE (i.e. RWB)

what happens if i restart a message ..? whether it creates a new message ..or with the same message ID .. ?

If you restart the message you do not create a new instance for the message....you just process the already failed message....so if you practically carry this out you will find only one entry against one message processing...

Regards,

Abhishek.