cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Landscape: RFC"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to change the RFC connection information for my TREX server. The SAP Help text says that I should use the TREX Admin Tool (stand-alone), and that the change can be made in the section Landscape: RFC. My TRex Admin Tool does not seem to have this section. Instead it has only "Network". The TREX server itself has been working fine for quite some time.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dwight,

Via the stand-alone tool, go directly via menu entry "RFC". I suspect, the documentation is wrong in sending you to landscape. Under "RFC" you most definitely find the sm59 entry in the Admin Tool.

What are you planning to change?

If it's only the TREX or rather SAP Gateway address to change, you can (although not recommended) also do the following:

- Specify the new SAP gateway in the RFC destination in the SAP system.

- You make this change directly in the SAP system using transaction SM59.

As quoted here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5c/55a442ae5bcb6ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karsten-

Thanks for the reply. The link you posted is what I had been trying to follow. I had made the change in SM59, but the 2nd step is where I was having difficulty:

2. Go to the window Landscape RFC in the TREX admin tool (stand-alone).

As mentioned in my previous post, I don't see an "RFC" option in my TREX Admin tool.

Thanks,

Brandon

0 Kudos

Hi Dwight...or Brandon?

one thing I missed:

Are you using TREX 6.1?

There is no RFC entry in that version's admin tool.

The docu linked above is for TREX 7.0 with SAP NetWeaver 2004<b>s</b>.

Regards, Karsten

Answers (0)