cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ItemListBox with Add/Remove buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to implement a view where I want 2 ItemListBox's, in between these 2 listboxes, in the center, I want 2 buttons stacked on top of each other with the symbols >> and << for moving items between the listboxes. But I can't align the UI elements the way I want to.

Is this possible?

regards,

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshall,

You can use anyone of the layout. The trick here will be to have the buttons in the transparent container. Say you use MatrixLayout. The first itemlistbox will be a matrix header, then a transparent container and then the last will the second itemlistbox.

Add the two buttons to the tranparent container.

The buttons should be aligned.

In case, they arent you have to play with the width property of the UI elements. The UI elements will have 2 width properties. One signifies the actual width of the UI element and second one signifies the width of the cell which contains the UI element.

Regards,

Kartikaye

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can two buttons with >> and << , on the buttons with symbols with bind the images src in the

button property , create >> and << related gif or bmp file and bind to the button property that would

make the button look like >> and << and with respect to alignment , you can go with

matrix layout and align Itemlistbox with two button and another itellistbox , as matrixlayout

on the performance is also good .

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are one view component in WD that paint this buttons. This is a Shuttle component.

Regards

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Thanks for the reply...I'm getting there slowly....its very fiddly!

I'm quite displeased at the Web Dynpro WYSIWYG interface because when you deploy the results are completely different.

One of my quarrels is that the list boxes are both showing the same size in the WYSIWYG interface, but when I deploy, the one the empty list box is shrunk to size because it contains nothing. Is it possible to set a static size on the list box?? I don't want it to grow and shrink dynamically. I want to move data between the list boxes at runtime.

Thanks

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshall,

Use the width of the UI element.

Go to the properties of the UI Element. Set the width of the UI Element (in properties you will see two widths one under the UI element and the other under Layout, update the UI element width). This can be either in % terms or px (pixels). Set the value as per your requirement (trial and error to find the desired width).

It takes a while to get the hang of this. I would suggest you change the width of both the UI element and Layout to get a better understanding of what it does.

Regards,

Kartikaye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikaye,

I already tried all of that.

Nothing works. I want the height of the ItemListBox to be static too. I have tried changing the height in the layout (only place it has height property).

I set the transparent container to be of a fixed height and width, then set 100% to height and width in UI element, still nothing works as I want it too.

I think Web Dynpro suffers really badly from some simple UI basics. This is one thing, but then not having draggable message boxes or modal windows!! This should be basic functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone verify this for me please?

Q) Is there a way to fix the height of UI element ItemListBox without adding any elements to the node it is bound to?

A) No.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marshall,

I misunderstood you alignment issue.

I dont think that the itemlistbox has a property which can set its visible size. It has visibleItems but that signifies maximum number.

Regards,

Kartikaye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ended up using the Table UI instead as a workaround, with that I was able to specify a fixed number of rows.

Marshall.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Starting with release 7.1 the View Designer will be real WYSIWYG because it reuses the runtime code that translates Web Dynpro to the Unified Rendering code.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Web Dynpro has all this, unfortunately not in the release you are using

Armin

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marshall,

Create a parent transparent container with Gridlayout set in the layout property. Set the count as 3. Create 3 new transaprent container inside that. This will align the newly create 3 transaparent container in the order.

Now add one itemlist in first Transparent Container. Add the buttons i the 2nd container. Add the 3rd itemlist in the 3rd container.

This will resolve your issue. Please revert back incase you need further help.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh