Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing portal userid

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying setting up a URL iview for an asp web page that's expecting the username for the user that's logged into the portal. However, I'm not sure how to configure this iview.

The asp web page is expecting a query string variable named suserid and the value of that variable should be the portal user's username.

I'm guessing that in the iview I want to put suserid as one of the fields for the URL Parameters. However, I'm not sure what I would put in as it's value.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks!

-Stephen Spalding

Web Developer

Graybar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can, for example also use these parameters in a com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.Generic iview:

URL template fraction for user mapping:

UserName=<User.UserID>

URL template:

<System.protocol>://<System.server><System.uri>?<Authentication>

Now you can get the userID from your ASP page

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luke,

Why don't you go ahead and create a new posting in the 'EP Content Development' forum for us to track this issue in. Also, please give us a little more info on what your goal here is.

Thanks!

-StephenS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sephen & Jain,

I need to integrate a ASP web application into the portal. I followed the blog

In the portal screen i just get the logon screen. The username and password parameters are not getting passed... any suggestions..

the url template: <System.protocol>://<System.server><System.uri>?<Authentication>

URL Template Fraction for user mapping:

Username=<MappedUser>&Password=<MappedPassword>

please help

thanks

Luke

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

The way that I got this to work is by creating an app integrator iview instead of using a url iview.

Choose New From PAR -> iView. From the list of portal archives, choose com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap. In the Portal Component Selection, choose 'Generic'. Name your iview appropriately and then choose to open the object for editing. In the property category, select 'Show All'. In the 'URL Template' attribute, enter your url including the query string variable that you'd like to use and make it equal to '<User.UserID>'. An example of this would be:

http://mydomain/stephen.asp?username=<User.UserID>;

See the following page for some more information about the sap app integrator:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/36/5e3842134bad04e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Hope this helps!

-StephenS

stephen_spalding
Contributor
0 Kudos

I got it to work by creating an iview based on the com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.Generic par file. I then added a line similar to the following line in the 'URL Template' field:

http://mywebsite/page.asp?suserid=<User.UserID>;

Thanks to all who responded!

-Stephen Spalding

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

even better

Didn't check / haven't been aware of the fact that the name is also of one the fields which can be parsed by the implementation automatically.

Have fun with your app

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah.. portal user-id fraction is already there

I think i had too much imagination.

Thanks,

Nash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefen,

Passing the user id in url template does not work for me. It gives the error No user mapping defined.

Have you done user mapping in your case? I don't want to do the usermapping? Can you pls. tell me that what steps have you followed to achieve it?

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to use the appintegrator to pass portal userid. What you need to do is just creating an iView basend on appintegrator and a customer exit that retrieve user id from portal request object.

Now you can set user id retrieved by customer exit in the iview property "url template".

Or you can get an portal id from SAP logon cookie, I guess.

Hope that helps.

Nash

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Nash's approach with the app integrator is the right one. See for some further instructions.

The logon cookie only can be used within the same domain and then you also have to decrypt the cookie within the integrated application. Doesn't sound like the best idea at this sketched scenario.

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The URL Parmeters for username and password fields in the Login page are <b>j_user</b> and <b>j_password</b> respectively.

Corresponding to the parameter <b>j_user</b>,give the username.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Srinath