Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm Page Numbering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a Smartform how do I get the page numbers to increase for each page. If I use SFSY-PAGE I can get the page to display but it stays at 1. I tried jobpages but that just lists total pages.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Page Numbering</b>

Smart Forms use page counters to determine the page number. Query these system fields [Seite

68] for the page counters:

&SFSY-PAGE& for the current page number

&SFSY-FORMPAGES& for the total number of pages in the form

&SFSY-JOBPAGE& for the total number fo pages in all forms in the print job

Use the General Attributes tab of the page node to determine the properties of these page

counters:

Use the Format box to determine whether to display the page number in Arabic or Roman

numbers or in letters.

Use the Mode box to determine which values you want the different page counters to accept

(see below).

<b>Values of the Page Counters</b>

The settings in the Mode box have the following effects on the values of the page counters:

Initialize, Increase and Leave counter unchanged effect only &SFSY-PAGE& accordingly.

&SFSY-FORMPAGES& and &SFSY-JOBPAGES& are increased by 1 independent of this

setting.

Page and overall page unchanged keeps &SFSY-PAGE& as well as &SFSY-FORMPAGES&

unchanged.

regards

vinod

3 REPLIES 3

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Page Numbering</b>

Smart Forms use page counters to determine the page number. Query these system fields [Seite

68] for the page counters:

&SFSY-PAGE& for the current page number

&SFSY-FORMPAGES& for the total number of pages in the form

&SFSY-JOBPAGE& for the total number fo pages in all forms in the print job

Use the General Attributes tab of the page node to determine the properties of these page

counters:

Use the Format box to determine whether to display the page number in Arabic or Roman

numbers or in letters.

Use the Mode box to determine which values you want the different page counters to accept

(see below).

<b>Values of the Page Counters</b>

The settings in the Mode box have the following effects on the values of the page counters:

Initialize, Increase and Leave counter unchanged effect only &SFSY-PAGE& accordingly.

&SFSY-FORMPAGES& and &SFSY-JOBPAGES& are increased by 1 independent of this

setting.

Page and overall page unchanged keeps &SFSY-PAGE& as well as &SFSY-FORMPAGES&

unchanged.

regards

vinod

0 Kudos

Thanks, it works fine