cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interpolate lines by Pen in a Custom Chart

Former Member
0 Kudos

I built an SPC chart as a custom chart type and have four data series plotted (process, center line, UCL, and LCL).

I would like to non-interpolate the UCL and LCL pens only - and leave all other data series interpolated, but noticed there is no option on the "data series detail tab" to turn off interpolation by data series; there is only a global option to have all series interpolated or non interpolated on the "chart area" tab.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You know there is an SPC Chart type in MII, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but I had to use a non-SPC chart because, in MII, the UCL is not drawn on SPC charts that use variable subgroup sample sizes. The process I am charting uses non-constant subgroup samples (can't help it - that's the process).

Using a custom chart with multiple data series and doing the SPC math directly in the MII transaction was my way around this problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, just wanted to make sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll also need to do the interpolation in the MII transaction as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, if that's the case I can go and change the transaction - but there's no way to just toggle interpolation by series on the display template?

It would be nice to get the UCL and LCL looking like "steps" right from the display template. But oh well.

Thanks,

Justin