cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metropolitan Statistics Area (MSA) Mapping in Customer Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

We are working with a US Client and in USA the Country is Divided into MSA ( Metropolitan Statistcs Area) by the Cencus Board. The Board Gives Some Statistical infomration regarding this area.

My client wants the customers to be linked to these MSA. I could not find any standard field to map these regions.

Have any one used these Before and if so how could you map that to the customer.

I cannot use some field becuase my client wants this information to be copied in the sales order so that he can pull some standard reports to see how much of sales in this area etc..

Note : The sales District field is already occoupied with the Sales Territory and Regions..

So can some body suggest a way to map this Information ..

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

What type of logic is used with how is MSA determined? I'm thinking that US census data usually drives around addressing info...if that's correct seems should be way to do logically do the mapping. Some more specific on what comprises the MSA groupings migh be helpful to get you suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your Inputs, as per the information i have, the MSA's are predefined with Some codes and the levels are attached to the codes for ex.

MSA CMSA Level State Description

0680 B CA Bakersfield

1620 C CA Chico-Paradise

2840 B CA Fresno

4480 49 A CA Los Angeles-Long Beach

Some statistical information is attached with the levels. for ex level A may be the area where more than 1 million people with some characteristics....

So my client wants to know how many customers are there in a particular area and how much of sales in this area and may be if its a potential market he wants to concentrate more there.. But thats part of his marketing strategies.

Our concern is we need tomap these MSA codes in the system and tie the Customer Numbers / Sales Orders to this..

I could not find the standard field to store this information..

Some Expert Advice is needed as to how to map this information..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

So using these examples, looks like some coding could be done based on combination of state + city in SAP at sales order level. And since the MSA codes are predefined, seems they could be stored in SAP and logically assigned. With help from abaper you might want to look into using Additional Data B (at a client we did this to store several pieces of data interfaced from a non-SAP system which had no other mapping options)...and perhaps via user exit in sales order having the data auto populated. Suggesting going after order level addressing to cover all cases (including when addressing is managed there vs from cust master). Just some thoughts, others may different suggestions. Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have decided to use customer master classification view to store this information. How ever this information cannot be brought into the sales order and we are building a custom report to link the sales orders and customer master informations.

i am closing this question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Try with using Additional data in CMR

In CMR select extras and then additional data

regards