cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Problem (Angeline)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, This is Angeline, I have simple 2 system DEV and QAS I want to setup transport route from DEV to QAS

I installed NW2004 in one machine DEV and QAS and tyring to setup...

I followed these steps using client 000

STMS CONFIGURATION and TRANSPORT ROUTE CONFIGURATION

1. After SAP Gui installed. (Development system is always domain controller.)

2. Logon to Client :000

User: DDIC.

Pwd: ******

3. Put a T-code (se06) in the command field.

4. Click standard installation and click post installation (yes)

5. Put a T-code (STMS) in the command field and give a description then save it.

6. Click System overview push botten, click extras option from the menu and click Distribute and activate configuration. (Yes)

7. Back to the stms main screen and click Transport routes from the push botten.

8. Click Configuration button from the Menu.

9. Click Distribute and activate from the configuration menu.

10. Now your sap system is activate in domain controller.

11. Now logon to QAS system.

12. Client: 000

User: DDIC

Pwd: ****

13. Put a T-code (se06). In the command field.

14. Click standard installation and click post installation (yes)

15. Put a T-code (STMS) in the command field.

16. Click other Configuration push butten in the bottom of appear screen.

17. Give information about development system. Example: tisdev, 00

18. Then save it. Ok

19. Now QAS is waiting for include domain controller.

20. Logon to Development system.

21. Click system overview push butten.

22. Click sap system from the menu.

23. Select the QAS systems.

24. Click Approve butten from the sap system menu.

25. Now QAS is member system of domain Controller. (Development system).

26. Suppfose if you want configuring Production also, following the same step in the QAS.

My question is after what shoud I do, how to create transport number I changed instance profile but system didn't ask me transport number to create....

how to check transport works good and how to test it... please help me

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you created a Transport request in DEV System you need to release the Transport request and then Import into QA using STMS.

To Release Transport request - Go to Se01 -> click on Tranport Tab -> Enter Transport request -> and then release the Transport -> select Transport request and Click on Transport Tuck to release.

and the Import into QA using STMS.

Let me know if you need more help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you

Very helpfull Answer

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, All

I really appriciated last time you resolve my problem, I have one more problem... as i maintion before I have only 2 server DEV and QAS

In Dev system I create dummy Transport using SE09

After in QAS system try to import, but doesn't import unless I have to click Import Queue and Adjust, why I need to do that... is that problem or can I fix it..

My 2nd Question is :- When I create dummy transport in DEV, can I export to QAS or I have to login first in QAS and Import from DEV?

When I see import Overview thats show "X" sign (Screenshot blow)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38842895@N04/3573885314/sizes/o/

Thanks in Advanced

Angeline

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general single single transport directory is configured,you can set up with DIR_TRANS parameter with RZ10 T-Code, Then you can go in Overview--> Transport routes and create the transport paths with stylus in change mode. After then you can either in SE10 or SE09 to create a new transport ,Rlease the new transport here. This will start showing up in QA transport queue,Here you can import in the QA system using truck button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SE10 in DEV system ..click create and create a dummy transport .... put neccessary information.it will give a transport no....release the transport in SE10 and then copy the data(R) and cofiles(K) in the respective directory of QA system and then import it there by clicking on the truck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the import queue for QAS?

At OS Level:

/usr/sap/trans/buffer contains control information on which requests are to be imported into which systems and in what order the imports must occur for the target system.