Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can printing be done for transfer orders with smartforms?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can anybody help me to figure out , whether TO can be printed using a smartform, as of now our system is using sap scripts for it. It can be printed using LT31. iam sure it cannot use NACE for it.

• can it be printed using Smartform?

• if yes, should i migrate the sap script or ...?

• where can i configure it for printing purposes?

this questions needs to addressed immediately. please, let me know.

thankz in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ravikiran,

YOu can migrate from a SAP Script to a smart form by going to smartforms tcode.

Go to Utilities->Migration-> Import SAPScript.

This is as good as creating a new smartform.

YOu need to attach this smart form to a output type to trigger your output.

Regards,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Iam worried about checking the feasibility of using the smartforms in place of sap scripts because the system is more inclined in using the sap script and i dont know were to put my new SF as the config. doesnot take the SF as input it takes only sap scripts.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Ravi,

All you have to do is to replace the name of SAP Script with the name of the SMART Form. The place where you call the Script call the SMART form by passing the reuqired parameters.

regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Ravi,

Did you try from OMLV or OMNU (for SU activated). Try replaing print report from second section where you need to mention print program. There is nothing in NACE for TO printing only HU cud be there. Soon I also have similar req. If you get successful then pls update me also whether you were successful in doing this. Early reply is appreciated

0 Kudos

Any updates on this topic? I still need to link a SmartForm to LI37 (T.O. Printing)??

0 Kudos

Hi Vince,

Iam not sure what you were looking for but yes the smartforms for TO can be printed from LT31. If you are looking for the place to configure the tcode: OMLV.

The above information is true from version ECC 5.0, iam really not sure for the versions before it.

Let me know if you are looking for more info.

Cheers.

Vasu

0 Kudos

Hello Vasu,

Can you please tell me how I may configure a SMARTForm for TO printing. Is this possible in OMLV? I dont see how? It uses only sapscripts?

Suppose I will have to use an user exit at TO creation?

Thanks,

Vince

0 Kudos

Hi Vince, Hi all,

Did you solve this problem??

I am dealing exactly with the same issue... If I import the sapscript to a sapform when you go to the customization (OMLV) doesn't acept your smartform as valid...

Did you solve it?? If yes could you please tell me how?

Any help really apreciated...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards,

Flor

P.S: my release is ECC 6.0

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check SPAD for printer problem.

NACE content sapscript as well as smart forms

regards

vinod

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Migrating SAPscript Forms

Use

SAP delivers Smart Forms for important business processes. If for your needs no such standard forms exist or if you have your own SAPscript forms, you can use two tools to migrate them.

Make use of this migration only if you want to make extensive changes to existing SAPscript forms. Especially the necessary modification of the data retrieval program (ABAP program) can take several days for complex applications, since all the techniques you use (for example, EXTRACT and LOOP) must be adapted.

Individual Migration

You can migrate a SAPscript form into a Smart Form and convert a SAPscript style into a Smart Style.

When converting a SAPscript style into a Smart Style, the system converts all paragraph and character formats with all their properties and attributes without any changes. Thus you can use the converted Smart Style without making any adaptations.

When migrating a SAPscript form into a Smart Form, the system executes the following steps:

It copies the language attributes and the output options.
It migrates the layout information including pages, windows, and their attributes and positions on the page.
It copies the texts in the form.
It displays the fields (SAPscript notation: program symbols) in the texts.
It converts the SAPscript commands (such as NEW-PAGE or IF…ENDIF) to comment lines and displays them in the texts.
After the migration, you have a template that you can enhance and modify according to your needs. Adapt the form logic by specifying the commands which the system converted to comment lines.

The system does not migrate the print program (data retrieval) or the form logic contained in the print program. You must make the required changes to the respective print program yourself.

Mass Migration

You can migrate any number of SAPscript forms in one go.

Procedure

Migrating a SAPscript form

Go to the SAP Smart Forms initial screen (transaction SMARTFORMS ).
In the Form field enter the name of the Smart Form you want to create.
Choose Utilities ® Migrate SAPscript form.
The dialog window Migrate SAPscript Form appears.
Enter the name and the language of the source form (SAPscript).
Choose Enter.
This takes you to the change mode of the SAP Form Builder.
If the selected SAPscript form does not exist in the selected language, a dialog window appears on which you can select one of the existing languages.

Now change the design of the form and of the form logic. To activate the Smart Form choose Activate.
Converting a SAPscript style

Go to the Smart Styles inital screen (transaction SMARTSTYLES ).
In the Style name field enter the name of the Smart Style you want to create.
Choose Smart Styles ® Convert SAPscript style.
Enter the name of the SAPscript style you want to convert.
Choose Enter.
A list of the converted styles appears.
Choose Back. You can now change the Smart Style (Change).To activate the Smart Style choose Activate.
Mass Migration of SAPscript Forms

In Reporting select the program SF_MIGRATE and execute it.
Select the names and the language of the SAPscript forms and choose Execute. The system creates the Smart Forms under the names of the SAPscript forms plus the extension _SF.
It displays a list of the migrated forms.
To change and adapt a form, go to transaction SMARTFORMS . Then activate the changed Smart Form.

Result

You created one or more Smart Forms based on the respective SAPscript form(s) and a Smart Style based on the respective SAPscript style.

Pass these internal tables using fn module 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'.

regards

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Printing of Transfer Orders ---> you need to configure it in OMLV and in OMLV you can only configure SCRIPTS there you cannot configure SMARTFORMS!!!

Regards,

Neha