cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:Reverse lookup of address failed:(NW7.01ABAPTrailVersionInstallation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There are lot of discussion threads around installation problems in SDN. I tried searching for my error and could not find relevant one. Please let me know if there is one.

I was trying to install SAP NetWeaver 7.01 SR1 SP3 ABAP Trial Version on Windows XP SP 2 (using VMware)

I struck at the step: 2

SAP System > DNS Domain Name

My system name is "jakkasap.ent.localhost.com".

I entered "ent.localhost.com" in the input field 'DNS Domain Name for SAP System' and was getting bellow error:

• ERROR: Reverse lookup of address '-64.-88.-124.129' failed. **

I tried with following values but no use:

"ent.localhost.com/"

"/ent.localhost.com/"

"jakkasap"

Even though we can skip this setting and continue installation, I think this setting is necessary for Web Dynpro development.

So, could any one help in finding right value for the 'DNS Domain Name for SAP System' input field?

Regards,

Praveen Jakka.

Edited by: Praveen Jakka on May 27, 2009 11:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issues has been resolved.

I gave static IP: 10.10.0.10 to my Windows XP system (Virtual PC) and then added the following line in host file:

10.10.0.10 jakkasap.ent.localhost.com jakkasap

Thanks,

Praveen Jakka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you may need to add the IP address ranges for all of our subnets to our DNS server as reverse lookup zones.

Below note might help you to understand the problem;

Note 129997 - Hostname and IP address lookup

regards

nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the discussion in this thread is not going to the issue the most are faced with like me.

Sorry, I'm using VMWARE with host-only with Win2003 Server and not any additional DNS server which I can setup.

I have not installed DNS on Win2003. Is this necessary?

I can connect from host computer the guest computer, so both are in the same sub network.

I can "ping palatdev16" and get the Ip address back.

I can "ping palatdev16.nw70.de" and get the IP back.

I have added the entries in the host file:

127.0.0.1 localhost

palatdev16 192.168.178.129

192.168.178.129 palatdev16.nw70.de

Using this hosts file, the installation is failed on step 2 DNS domain name

and giving the error message "reverse lookup.. failed."

Installing the MS llopback adapter or not: forget it, this does not work (already tried out according the instruction above).

So, is here someone using VMware Workstation? Please enter a detailled instruction what has to be done in file hosts.

SAP seems not to be able to describe a very simple step in the instruction document of the trial version.

Thanks for any further input.

Stephan