cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM explosion without Planned

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a DC where the finished products are assembled in the form of a Kit and sold to customer. Mainly for promotional purpose. The sales orders are received at the Kit level but down the line the requirement needs to flow at finished product level not at Kit level. So at the DC, we need to explode Kit BOM to generate requirment at finished product level. The constraint is we can not generate production plan at DC due to some tax restriction. So this has to be done without production plan.

So my question is , How can we explode Kit BOM at DC without creating a production plan at DC for the Kit.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpinder Singh,

I am not sure how this will works, but still you can try. You can maintain only finished product at APO level and Kit item at R/3 level using MRP type bifurcation. If Kit and fin product are same, try creating some code to identify separately.

So, when you run planning run, APO generates production plan for fin products leaving behind Kit item.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Senthil for the help. But my issue is I am not allowed to create a production plan at all for any level of item in DC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in kitting scenario both your input and output products are finished good and the input good has its own independent demand in addition to the kitting demand.

I am not sure the tax implication that you are refering to as in one of my previous implementation we have used PPM at DC level to explode te requirement for Kitting.

Even if you explode the BOM at DC level and dont CIF the production back to ECC, instead just CIF the Preq generated for child product, i think your issue should get resolved. Also if required maintain the PPM for the promotional product only in APO.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjog Mishrikotkar

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

It is difficult to suggest means to evade tax.