cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of Pieclient rendering on Blackberry - What's the deal ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was starting work on designing a webdynpro app for the blackberry, and found that by forcing rendering of the client to pieclient or even better - pie03 client - I had a better usage of UI elements than with the default wml rendering. The wml client does not render my tables (they dissappear) - but the pie03cleint does this just great (tables are populated and look pretty good). In looking through the elearning area, I found that the demos actually used the pieclient on the blackberry as well... Is the rendering of pocket pc client "pie03client" on the blackberry just and unofficially used item ?

Thanks for any thoughts...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

The previous versions of blackberry doesn't have the capability to render good HTML in the browser.

But the new version of blackberry browser is pretty good and supports good HTML rendering and that is why, what could be seen in the pocket internet explorer can now be seen in black berry browser.

You can also use Naurtech browser and try with the same pie client. In general pie client can be seen on any browser with good html rendering, but there might be minor glitches.

Regards

Vidyadhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vidyadhar

Just as an added bit of info - I also found out (from Stefan Wawrzinek) that with the upcoming change in Netweaver 7.1, they will be combining the pieclient and the pie03client - so the rendering will be improved overall.

I will try the Naurtech browser to see how that works - You made me curious.

Answers (0)