cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Purchase Order IDOC to create Sales Order in other R3 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I need to setup our R3 system so that when one user creates a Purchase Order in the R3, an ORDERS idoc is sent to another R3 system in order to create the related Sales Order (we have 2 R3 systems to support the business of 2 different companies

- for simplicity, consider company A has a R3 X1 and company B has R3 X2 system).

I've setup the EDI on both systems to communicate an ORDERS idoc between them.

The problem is that when the X2 system receives the ORDERS Idoc from X1 system, it is processed with errors saying 'VKORG, VTWEG, SPART cannot be determined for client xpto'.

Since our R3 X2 system also receive ORDERS idocs from other companies and are processed correctly, I've realized that the content of the IDOCs received on both situations is very different.

In the EDI partner profile, I tried to use a different inbound process code but have no success.

How can I setup this functionality for out R3 systems? Do I need to create a new inbound process code (and use a custom function module)? Is there any other more standard solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Manuel Dias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manuel,

Have you configured the steps which are required for posting idoc's. If not go through:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/23/configuration-steps-required-for-posting-idocsxi

Also go through the procedure for posting the orders through IDoc:

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/03/creating-purchase-order-idoc-through-xi

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/02/28/creating-sales-order-through-idoc

---Mohan