cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble configuring Portal 6.0 with MS-ADS 2000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m in the middle of the config of the Portal 6.0 on WAS 6.40 to use MS-ADS and the Test Conection works just fine but the Test Authentication answers with this error:

authentication failed : Unprocessed Continuation Reference(s)

Can somebody help me on this one? I have SSL unchecked does the MS-ADS Requieres SSL or what can I be missing or what could be wrong.

Thanx in Advanced!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo ,

no you don't need LDAPS/SSL ...that is a JNDI error you are seeing ..so the Users OU and/or Groups OU you have entered in the dataSource is wrong ...or some value you are passing to search for the user is wrong ( you are entering a valid user and password right ?)...

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel!

Thanx for the Fast Response...

The Test Conection is working and I guess it is using the login information cause I modified the Passwd and it didn´t work, then I put again the correct passwd and it worked again, but when I try to test the Authentication and it does not works.

Then for testing propouses I saved the changes, restasted the EP and I then loged in as Administrator in Portal.. and I saw the ADS users in my Portal :O) and I assigned roles to the User and it logs in and works really fine, so I don´t know if even though I got an error on Test Authentication the Portal is fine configured to work with the ADS?

Thanx in Advanced!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gerardo,

1) make sure the DataSource you are using was copied from a MS-ADS template

2) Go Back into the Config tool ...the test Authentication is for a "regular" user in OU=users (or wherever users live ) . If it works now and the users are imported then you're good to go .

3) Bear in mind that if you use a hostname in the AD server it should be a full hostname (only really necessary when you switch to LDAPS) .

If 1) and 2) are good you are fine .

Regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Daniel!

The MS-ADS template I used is the one that you can Select in the combo box, I did not modified a templato or something similar, I just used the one that is already in there :O)

It Works into the Portal where I can use the ADS Users and asing them roles but still not working in the Test Authentication part in the config screen.

Thanx Again!! :O)