cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPgui 640 "New Visual Design" question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having a problem with New Visual Design. This is on a windows based PC. I have tried to set

Control Panel ==> SAP Configuration ==> "Use New Visual Design". but when I apply and close the SAP Configuration window, then relaunch it, the check box is cleared again. I can check it when the window is open, but it doesn't stay set. I am also missing the "Applications Tab" on the Windows SAP Configuration window.

Does anyone know if there is a registry key that I need to change or is keeping this from working properly?

Les

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm think you say about 710 gui, the 640 are out of maintenanace. Yes this is are

registry key

and look's like you not have authorization. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergo,

Actually our company is on an older version. The SAP GUI is actually

release 640

Patch level 8

Do you know which registry keys I should check? If it was in your message it didn't post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have a copy of 640 Patch 8 but I checked into this on a 640 Patch 11.

The registry key you are looking for is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\General\Enjoy

Look for string value called "Active"

It will probably be set to "Off"

Change that to "On"

That will change the check mark in the SAP Configuration under the control panel to active. You should not have to reboot, but I would make sure that when you make the change that saplgpad.exe or saplogon.exe is not running in the task manager. (I only say that cause I have seen where sometimes even though you have everything closed, those processes are still running in the background and these types of changes are not in affect until they are closed and re-opened) Good luck

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate everyone's inputs, but I've already checked the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\General\Enjoy

And made sure Active=On

But when you open SAP configuration in control panel, the "Use new visual design" is not checked. I can select it, but when you open and close SAP configuration it is unchecked again. But the registry key always states active=On

This does not make sense to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't understand it work's now for you or not? The user are admin on PC or not?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it does not work.....

Admin mode is set for the PC.

The Enjoy KEY in the registry is set to Active=On

But when you open the Control Panel => SAP Configuration..... The "Use Visual Design" button is not checked. I am able to check it, but upon closing the SAP Configuration panel, and then opeing it again, the button is not checked. So what is clearing it? And why doesn't show checked as the registry KEY says Active=On.

And each time we do the above we coompletely close and re-launch the SAP GUI and it comes up in classic design mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-reading your post, it does not appear to be across multiple pcs but isolated to one? I am not big on the uninstall and re-install technique, however it has fixed issues before for us on some problematic PCs.

If you were to uninstall that version, delete the C:\%default install directory%\SAP folder and then verify that registry key is removed, reboot and re-install that version. Does the problem still exist? Any policies being pushed to this machine that may not be to any others?

Another possible could be profile. If you are logging in as admin and the problem exists, what about creating a new profile with admin rights, logging in as that user and trying it? Any difference?

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does seem to be isolated to one PC that we know of. We haven't rolled out the 6.40 GUI across everyone yet.

We did the uninstall and re-install, and still no change.

Will try a different user profile later today. If that doesn't work will dig into the local machine group policy settings. Seems like it should be an easy problem to correct and becomes very frustrating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, just curious...

Any reason your holding off moving to 7.10 since 6.40 is no longer supported from SAP? We held off until the last possible moment and then moved. Again, just curious...

Regars,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great question......

We are a very large company. I'm not in the IT group so I don't make the strategy decisions. The real storyis that most of our users (>1500) are actually on the 6.20 gui. I few of us have been able to upgrade to 6.4, but we are not able to get it to work on everyone's PC. That's what started this. So now I'm thinking we need to analyze the corporate group policy settings to see if something there is causing this. But we are all under the same group policy setting so it does not make sense that this works on some PCs and not others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can't seem to find any differences or explain why we see the 640 issue. Is the newer SAP GUI available for download or does this need to be distributed through our IT support staff?