cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform longtext

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how i can use longtexts in smartforms or how to declare them( what transaction to use) and how to integrate them in my smartform.Are longtext the Include-texts that we can define in transaction SO10? or is this something different.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For any long texts in a transaction open that long text screen

then Menu GOTO--->Header. Then it will open a window with its name,id,language like that details.

Then come to smart form give that details in include text.

Otherwise Call program lines node before displaying the text in that

Call READ_TEXT fm by providing necessary inputs and outputs then display that Output as text using Text node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a longtext where there us a page break (command NEW-PAGE). When I include the longtext in the Smartform, the page breaks is ignored. Do you know why? Thank you.

Kind regards,

Alice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to creating the longtexts using the Tcode SO10 we can also create the longtext in there particular tcodes for examples consider the case of Material Longtext here you can create the longtext in the TCODE MM01 by selecting the basic data text and there you can give the longtext.

Here if you want to include that long text in your smartform then you have to click on the editor button then it will give one more screen there select the navigation as follows.

GO to-> Header.

Here it will give the details which you are supposed to be given in the smartform include text. You can use the same procedure for getting the long text for the remaining things (For example Purchase order text,Sales order text...etc).

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Venkata.

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can use the standard text created in SO10 as include text in the Smartform.

Add a text node in your window

Change the type of the text node as Include Text

Enter the Text name, object, ID of the text created in the SO10.

Regards

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast response,I wanted to know if the longtexts are actually the text that can be added in So10 or are they another kind of texts.

thanks

naimesh_patel
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, they are long text.

You can also declare the TYPE STRING and populate that string with your content by creating a program lines node. But there is a restriction at time of printing. Smartform can only print 255 characters and it would truncate the rest of the data from that variable.

Regards,

Naimesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot for the answers, i did not know that logtexts are actually standard-texts from So10

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can i give you points,because the option is not anymore available