Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The maintenance dialog for AGR_1252 is incomplete or not defined

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello experts

I was trying to update org levels in table agr_1251 directly through sm30 and this this message "The maintenance dialog for AGR_1252 is incomplete or not defined" . when i hit to generate it in performance assistant, it pointed me to SE54 but i dont know where to go from there. please help. by the i am doing that in testing client so sandbox, thus its not gonna hurt produciton in anyway.

thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hello experts

> I was trying to update org levels in table agr_1251 directly through sm30 and this this message "The maintenance dialog for AGR_1252 is incomplete or not defined" . when i hit to generate it in performance assistant, it pointed me to SE54 but i dont know where to go from there. please help. by the i am doing that in testing client so sandbox, thus its not gonna hurt produciton in anyway.

> thanks

Don't use SM30 do it in PFCG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take John's advice, don't try to update the table directly.

If you must do updates at table level then work with a developer to use some of the SAP Standard FM's to make the update based on data you input in flat file format.

Edited to add: this is not foolproof and can very easily cause more problems than it fixes too....

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to update Table directly? Do you follow this in all cases? Please do not update tables in any case unless it is the only option (in some Custom Tcodes which are parametrized form of SM30).

Use PFCG -> Authorization Tab -> Change authorization Data (use "Expert Mode" if any changes have been performed in Role menu) -> Organization Levels (or press Ctl + F8).

Also do not change Organization Level field from Authorization Fields under Authorization nodes. These processes are very common to SAP Security administrators ad from your explanation what you are trying to do, it's evident that you are not familiar with these. So take help of some Security consultant for this activity.

Regards,

Dipanjan

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I was trying to update org levels in table agr_1251

That's not where they should be. For each org level AGR_1251 holds the variable name. The actual values are in AGR_1252. Knowledge you needn't have if you use the designated tooling.....

0 Kudos

It is a sandbox, so no harm done to update the wrong table if it has nothing to do (yet) with a productive landscape...

There have been many discussions about this in the ABAP forums. Take a look in the ABAP Data Dictionary Sticky thread for some examples.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> It is a sandbox, so no harm done to update the wrong table if it has nothing to do (yet) with a productive landscape...

And how many times to things "discovered" in the sandbox make it into the production landscape..........

0 Kudos

> And how many times to things "discovered" in the sandbox make it into the production landscape..........

I suspect they call them sandboxes because they look innocent but you'll carry their contents in every nook and cranny for ages

0 Kudos

I like it! Sounds very familiar

0 Kudos

Hello,

he is trying ti update table directly using SM30,its taking him to SE54 because table maintainance is not generated, once you genrate in SE54,after that you can edit table in SM30.

Thanks,

Prasant

0 Kudos

Please explain why you just repeated your previous answer.

0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I know what the user is trying to do, however for various reasons I think it is a very bad idea!

This is one of the cases where if it was designed to be maintained manually then SAP would have delivered a maintainance interface for it.

Cheers

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK,

first why you need to update table directly?

Bcoz, when you update it from PFCG it will get papulated with the respective information.

Its taking you to SE54 boz,table maintainance is not genrated for the same,once its genrated then only you can edit the table

Thanks,

Prasant

Edited by: Prasant K Paichha on May 28, 2009 11:33 AM