Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

Reference book

SAP Participant Handbook - SCM605

Course version : 2006 Q2

Page no: 266

Please clarify the below statement :-

You can use the product attributes in the material and customer master records to exclude a particular material from product seletion. This means, for example, that all the materials that have been rejected in the customer master will not be included by the system when it determines a substitution material.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

What it means is that even If you have maintained one particular material as a substitue for some other in (VB11) MATERIAL Determination, still this can be rejected by that particular customer(SHIP TO Party). You can see the Product attributes in Sales view of customer master and sales org2 view of material master which allows you to specify the prodcut attributes. Once you do this in the sales document type definition you can specify whether to give warning or error when the product attributes which the customer rejects gets included. Now what that statement means is that once you maintain all these even tough If you have maintained this as substitution materil , that gets excluded based on the above settings. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thank you very much for your quick comment.

Could you please explain how I can use productattributes to exclude the particular material for a customer while material determination?

For example :

I want to excluse Material M1 from material determination for customer C1.

I have selected the productattribute 1 in CMR and MMR.

What configuration is required for sales document type????

Please explain soon.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Ashish

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Now go to "VOV8" and in the transaction flow tab you can find Product attribute message , There you select "Error" .This should work.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Thank you very much.

Regrads,

Ashish

Answers (0)