cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output determination does not happen during Sales Document creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing an issue where the automatic output determination does not happen when the Sales Order is created. Let me explain a bit on the background.

Output type ZDL2 has been defined as a special function (TNAPR-NACHA = 😎 attached to a custom program and Form routine to create Outbound delivery after successful posting of the sales order.

Condition records are maintained to trigger this output for the Key Combination of Sales Org/Distrib Channel/Division/Route. Access sequence has also been correctly maintained for the above fields.

When the Sales order is saved, the output is supposed to be triggered but out of several sales orders created, it triggered for just one document. We have no clues on what could be the issue.

One question here is, can we have the access sequence maintained for the fields from both header and item level (ie KOMKBV1 and KOMPBV1). Please be reminded that, in our case, the field ROUTE comes from the field catalog KOMPBV1.

Another point which we noticed is that, the Function Module COMMUNICATION_AREA_KOMPBV1 which is supposed to fill the Item data Communication structure for output determination was never called.

Has anyone came across such situations. Comments or suggestions are really appreciated.

Kind Regards

Sabu Kuriakose

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabu Kuriakose,

Since you are using ROUTE as one parameter for the condition table, and it is at the item level.

the output is triggered at the header level.

So a sales order can contain multiple items with different routes. so at header level how will u identify the route ?

the fields might be available for creatign the condition table but the problem is the fields should get the value during order processing.

in the analsysis screen you will know that the field is getting the value of the ROUTE or not ?

also for creating a delivery you need a shipping point. same as above you can hae multiple items with different shipping points. how will u consider that scenario.

If you can explain that, then that will be helpful to answer your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Thanks for you answer. However, in our system, we have ROUTE maintained at the header level also. So for the same order, multiple items will have the same route.

As I mentioned before, the system worked just once. ie, automatic output determination happened with Sales Area/Route combination and never it happened again.

We have a solution to fix this issue by adding ZZROUTE in structure KOMB and KOMKBV1 and then move the value of VBAK-ZZROUTE (route added at header level) to KOMKBV1-ZZROUTE in the user exit of Function Module COMMINICATION_AREA_KOMKBV1.

But I want to make sure that, I am not doing something which is unwanted. What make me to think so is the fact that the output was determined once successfully.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards

Sabu Kuriakose