Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

technically challenging?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this scenario:

1. 2 types of data (KeyFigures) : addable and non-addable.

2. report user will select time frame to report on and the report is supposed to retrieve all these keyfigures.

3. From the source, the data is in per-month values.

The report user will need to see the cumulative amount upto the selected period in the report.

4. For those addable entries, I see no problem deriving the to-date figures and storing them in cube.

5. Problem: How could the non-addable entries be processed and stored ? If these cannot be added, how could I get the to-date figure?

Would appreciate if you could give you valuable advice.

Best regards,

Suzie Fernando

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankell Pong,

How r u ?

How could a non-addable key figure can be made addabe ? And what does that non-addable means.... is it that the values could not SUMMED up ?? what are all the Aggrigation properties ? Is it possible to create a Calculated Key Figures using these non-addable Key Figure values ??

This is not a help.... But disguission, can try to get.

I am also a beginner.

Best Regards....

Sankar Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shankell,

I suppose you are talking about cummulative and non-commulative Key Figures. Like Stocks can not be added as if it get added it will be wrong e.g. yesterday my stock was 10 and today it's 8 so If i add it's 18 then it's wrong but if i don't add 8 is correct.

I think if you create Keygigure as non-commulative value with Inflow and OutFlow will help and Exception aggregation will be Last Value or First Value as per your requirements.

Read in help.sap.com for more details on Non-commulative KYF

Hope this helps.

San.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear San,

unfortunately, constraint exist that only 1 keyfigure be used for both types of data.

So, this is why I regard this as challenging.

If, on the other hand, 2 types of keyfigures be used, I could store them all in the same cube?

Any useful links about the types of kf aggregation and when each of the various kf property settings are used? eg. summable / first / last / inflow outflow etc.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Shankell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey POng,

see this note 189150, 916352

for kf property setings see this note 460255

check this KF-IO properties might help you

0D_BALANCE - Cumulative Balance (SAP Demo)

Best Regards....

Sankar Kumar

+91 98403 47141