cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation in projects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm dealing with the following issue: I've customized validation rule to check a value of a field. When the check fails, it displays a warning message. However this happens only after the first saving. When I confirm the warning, exit and enter the project again and I save it, the validation warning is not displayed anymore despite the fact, the field value is incorrect.

Could you please advise if this is normal functionality? Is it possible to control it by configuration / user exit? The effect we'd like to achive is that every time a warning is displayed.

Kind regards, Aleksandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have made validation for activity related to User Fields,

Validation is not seen in CJ20N .But seen in customization.

Which steps I am missing.

Regards

Project Team 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

The project profile is maintained correctly (field Automatic validation is marked). Bhushan, if we both have the same issue, then I guess that it is indeed standard SAP behaviour. Thanks for this information.

Kind regards, Aleksandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check "Automatic validation " is active in the project profile.

BR,

Morshed Alam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandra,

Can you elaborate that are you doing validation automatically or manually?

Regds,

Deeendra

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandra,

You may code the pre-requisite in validation (T code : GGB0) so that the validation is applied on every SAVE.

With regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the exact same issue and the suggested solution of entering T Code GGB0 as prerequisite is not working. The warning message is not triggered again unless I go in the object and make some changes.

Seems to be SAP's Standard behavior.