cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Character in Receiver JDBC Field Names

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

The scenario is IDoc (sender) to JDBC (receiver), wherein the DB table contains field names with '.' i.e. say xyz.abc. As you all know, '.' isn't allowed as part of data type name. So, please guide me on how to handle this.

I feel SP could be an alternative??

Thanks,

Hussain.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, SP could be an alternative. If you want to handle it in PI, create an XSD for your receiver type structure with '.' in the fieldname, import it and used as the receiver side structure.

Regards,

Prateek

venky_b
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The structure will be like this.

<Statement>

<dbTableName action="INSERT">

<table>MM4R6DVL.SAPMRPF</table>

<access>

<MRPONO>0000012356</MRPONO>

<MRRCVR>123561</MRRCVR>

<MRINVN>5105600595</MRINVN>

<MRINUM>000000000123505377</MRINUM>

<MRINVQ>10</MRINVQ>

</access>

</dbTableName>

</Statement>

If you use the optional <table> element, the value specified is used as a database table name. This enables you, for example, to define table names containing non-XML-compatible characters or characters that prevent them from being used in interface definitions in the Integration Builder. If specified, <table> must be the first element in the block within <dbTableName>. within the <table> tag provide ur table name xyz.abc

Let me know if u have any problem.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The scenario is IDoc (sender) to JDBC (receiver), wherein the DB table contains field names with '.'
 i.e. say xyz.abc. As you all know, '.' isn't allowed as part of data type name. So, please guide me on 
how to handle this.

i think there was a similar discussion of including special characters in DTs as element names.....and the solution to this was suggested as create an XSD manually (outside IR) in some tool, say Stylus Studio, the XSD should be just like the DT that you want ( from start < to end />) and then import that in the XSD section of your DT....this is supposed to solve such an issue...so you can try this method and check it out...

You however are required to create a DT in IR....atleast the root node (DT_JDBCReceive...something)... and then start your XSD accordingly....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on May 27, 2009 7:40 PM

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

is there any possibiltity to develop an UDF where it converts that . to any character so that it can be handled.

and compare with the target datefield and drop accordingly..

its only a light try with this option..

regards

Kishore