Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap - Adapter / XML-Handling

bernd_kresse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello @,

is it possible to receive a xml-file via SOAP-Adapter and pass it to a another SOAP-Receiver without haveing any mapping between?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you can.

Dont develop the mapping itself and as mentioned in the earlier reply you dont have to select your interface mapping in the interface determination step.

The above will work if the source and target structures are the same.

bernd_kresse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply. Please allow a further question:

In case of need no mapping, message interface and data types have to be defined?

Or do you know a way to submitt a XML-File to a soab adapter and the pass it to another soap-receiver with no transformation, only route the data from Sender A to Receiver B?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
In case of need no mapping, message interface and data types have to be defined?

yes...1 DT....1 MT....two MI (OB and IN)

Just tell me one thing what are you referring to when you say XML file....is it an attachment that you will get?....normally all the messages that are processed by the SOAP adapter are XML only and there is nothing special in processing them.just a proper configuration of IR and ID objects...no complicated coding and you are done:)

Regards,

Abhishek.

bernd_kresse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Our partner have the assumption, that he can send any XML-data to my Soap Adapter and i should move this data regardless of the content to another soap-receiver.

So he believe that we have almost nothing to do inside XI.

Is this a wish?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Our partner have the assumption, that he can send any XML-data to my Soap Adapter and i 
should move this data regardless of the content to another soap-receiver.

yes the payload can be anything but their will a restriction on the structure (DT) that is created & used in XI....

bernd_kresse
Explorer
0 Kudos

What kind of restriction do you mean?

Can you give me an example?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry if the term restriction confused you.....restriction means that you cannot have a Dynamic Structure...once a DT is deifned your payload should be accomodated in this structure...

bernd_kresse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ah ... ok, that is also my knowledge about this. I must define the structure of the message to handle a message, regardless of needing a mapping.

What about define a "structure" with only tag and put the "real" structure in this single tag?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Ah ... ok, that is also my knowledge about this. I must define the structure of the message to handle a message, regardless of needing a mapping.

>

> What about define a "structure" with only tag and put the "real" structure in this single tag?

if you are not using a mapping then the structure is irrelevant (for file scenarios etc) but since yours is a SOAP the structure will anyway be present in terms of a WSDL

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do not want to create entries in the ESR/IR, you can it like this:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

But for documentation it is better to have interfaces in the ESR/IR, as you can avoid dupilcate use of interface names

Regards

Stefan

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What about define a "structure" with only tag and put the "real" structure in this single tag?

we use a (offline) term called XML-to-String conversion in such cases......but then your "real" structure wont emerge as an XML in the only tag that you are talking about...it will be converted to a string and stuffed in some target node.....i suppose this is what you meant....

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello..

In Interface determination, do not select interface mappping...then it passes the source structure to target with same.

Regards,

Sreenivas