cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Log Viewer for two systems on same host

bob_curran
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We have two Portal systems installed on the same host server. The log viewer only identifies and displays the log files from one of the systems (A). This is the case even though I started the log viewer while logged on as the <sid>adm for system (B).

In the configuration of the Log Viewer, I do not see an option to have it add another "system" to the local host.

How can I configure the log viewer to display logs from both systems installed on the same host?

Thanks,

Bob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bob,

are you using the "Standalone Log Viewer"? In which version?

How about this: Menu "File / Configuration... / Add"?

kr, achim

bob_curran
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes. I am using the standalone logviewer.

We are on EP6 SP 15.

The information in the dialog box "Add a Log Viewer Server" contains the following fields:

Name, Host name, Port, Connection, User, Pasword, Routing String.

I don't see that any of these fields would distinguish one system from the other. I have already logged in as the <sid>adm for the system that does not display. I originally thought this would be enough for the log viewer to know which system I wanted to see logs for.

What values do you suggest I use when adding a server?

Thanks,

Bob

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bob,

with the port you can distinguis between the servers. both portals should have unique ports on the same server.

for you relevant is the P4-port.

these settings work for remote servers:

Name: <SID>

Host name: <hostname of server>

Port: <P4 Port, normally 5<SysNr>04>, you can check this at: http://<host>:<port>/sap/monitoring/SystemInfo under the Dispatcher infos

Connection: J2EE

User: <admin user>

Password: <admin user password>

kr, achim

Answers (0)