Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection to external SQL Server using ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any way to connect to external SQL Server database and pass the sql query from ABAP to that database and get the result in SAP. My SAP system is running on UNIX platform.

Please suggest me the best possible way.

Regards

Kousik

8 REPLIES 8

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kousik,

Please check this links.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/fc/eb3b8b358411d1829f0000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kousik,

check these links

Regards

naveen

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kousik. To do this, you must create a data base conection in transaction DBCO. In this conection you must specify the conection string, user, password, and every other parameter depending on the DB you are going to connect to.

Then, in your ABAP program you must use the sentence:

EXEC SQL.

CONNECT dbco_name

ENDEXEC.

EXEC SQL.

NATIVE SQL QUERY, YOU MAY ALSO USE STORE PRWOCEDURES, CHECK THE HELP

ENDEXEC.

EXEC SQL.

DISCONNECT dbco_name

ENDEXEC.

I made a proram to connect to and AS/400 database and a SQL Server database and they both work just fine.

Hope it helps

Jesus

0 Kudos

Hi jesus,

I need to connecgt to AS400 server. I have done dbco config but i am not able to access the data base.

Can u please suggest me native SQL statements will work there.

Thanks in advance

praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need help on following issues :

1. What is the format of entering database connectivity details in Conn.Info in DBCON entry page ..

2. My SAP Server is running on UNIX . Will I need any extra configuration for this?

Regards

Kousik

0 Kudos

Just make sure de dbmssslib.dll file is on the server. You may wanna check notes 178949 and 738371.

Hope it helps

Jesus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm facing some analogue problems.

I'm looking to download the file dbmssslib.dll but I cannot find it. We have a ECC 6.0 installation on AS400 and I need this file to connect to an MSQL database.

Can you give me a working link to that file or can you mail this to me?

Kind regards,

M.