cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndication to multiple destinations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Experts

If I need to syndicate XML files from MDM to multiple destinations systems what is the set up needed (Using Sundication Server)

Similarly if I need to send the file to only some of the available systems, how can we achieve this, i.e ou of available 5 ystems I need to send the file to only 3 systems.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickey,

In the syndication map itself (map properties tab) you can mention the output remote systems. If you want to skip few systems then either create the new map to achieve this.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...

Consider that I have setup map for 5 systems and dynamically I need to have a condition based syndication is this possible or this need to be handeled in XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickey,

For conditional syndication, use a branch step before syndicate step.

Based on the validation result, you can syndicate to the respective remote system.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vickey,

If the condition is in the form of a search for ex, then save that search in the Export map itself. Configure the map in the port. Until the records satisfy the search criteria, they will not get syndicated.

Also as suggested above another method is to use a workflow for syndication.

You can set various complex condition in the Vallidation expressions. In case, these warnings are temporary, use them in a branch.

Or else, if you want to set hard errors, you can use them in a Validate step. And then use a syndicate Step.

Using, all this, you can syndicate the records to different systems based on different conditions.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin jain

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Inital Setup:

Create Remote Systems,

Create the Export Map in the Syndicator,

Create Ports and Configure the map to it.

If you need XML, export the repository schema and use Xomlite to convert it into XSD.Add the XSD file to the XML Schema node in the Console.

Make sure the Syndication Server is configured and its up and running.

After the Initial setup

Use Workfow to syndicate to multiple remote systems.In the Workflow use Branch stencil so that you can validate and sent it to multiple destinations.

Please refer to this link below for more detail.

/people/harrison.holland5/blog/2006/11/27/mdm-syndication

/people/vijayasarathy.raghunathan/blog/2007/06/05/mdm-sp05-on-demand-syndication

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vickey,

Create different ports for different remote sysems and assign them to different maps.

Use syndicate stencil in workflow for these ports.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Minaz