cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Repository Contents Table,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have planned to create different content repositories in the same content server or different business process like Archive link content repositories and DMS content repositories,

while creating the same we have to fill the Contents Table Field, what should be the value of this field, should we use the standard DMS_cont1_CD1 Table,

or should we create a new Table for every New content repositories we create for DMS and Archive link.

also my Basic question is is it required to create different or many nos of content repositories for DMS as we can have Different storage catagories inside a single content repository.

But for archive link purpose we may have to create different content repositories for storing different documents so in this case should we create a new Table for every New content repositories we create for Archive link repository,

if so who is going to create this Table and what details should be provided there.

please throw some light on this Content table field.

Thanks and Regards

Sathish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In line with the above topic, I have the following problem.

When creating a Content Repository Z_92_ZAP_DBL_AW02 we make use of 'Document Archiving" instead of 'Archive Link' because Archive Link only allows 2CHAR naming convention.

Archiving and retrieval through the above repository works 100%.

BUT in transaction SARI, I wish to create an info structure for the archived data, but it only offers me a list of 2 CHAR repositories (previously created with type Archive Link)

Also in transaction OAC3, no link table can be created for repositories created with longer naming convention.

Is there a way to overcome this?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Sathish,

Sap already have some standard tables, ex, TOHAR [HR], TOA01, TOA02 for Finance documents, [these are link tables]

During customization of business objects like HR, FI etc we have to select appropriate tables, which are preconfigured for specific business activities.

EX,

Content repository----MA

Document Area-----Archivelink

Storage type: [ Very carfull here,] ex HTTP content Server.

Content table--- ZCA_MA which is interconnected to business object tables

TOHAR, TOA01, TOA02 etcu2026

Note. Generally one content repository MA-ARCHIVE LINK-TOHAR[HR]

MA-ARCHIVE LINK-TOA01[FI]

Notice that both tables are connected to single Content table ZCA_MAu2026

Hope u will understand concept,

U can link as many tables to one content repository

Similar way DMS Functionality also works. No need to create different tables.

For creating New tables contact ABAPer......

rgds,

Benakaraja E S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sathish,

you can create different content repositories for Archivelink and DMS.

But There is no need for creating different content repositories for DMS alone.you can inturn define storage catogories to the content repository.

Example : You have created a content repository xxxxxx where you want to store training documents in both editing format and presentation format.

You assign the storage categories xxx and xxxy to the content repository xxxxxx.you can create the categories in OACT transaction.

Generally for the Archivelink documents the storage type can be RFC archive.

The field content table is needed when you choose to store your documents in the SAP database.i.e storage type of your content repository is SAP database.

The content table is a table in which your documents are stored in the database.It can be client-specific or cross-client.

The structure of the content table should correspond to the table SDOKCONT1. The field CLUSTID, however, can be larger than the corresponding CLUSTID field in SDOKCONT1.Also, the client may be available (for example, in table BDS_CONT1).

Please check the table SDOKCONT1, may be you can create the content table on you own.

regards,

kavitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kavitha / Keerthika

Thanks for your reply,

i could check there are few tables like, 1) SDOKCONT1, 2) DMS_CONT1_CD1, 3) BDS_CONT1, with different names but all of them having the same fields as described below.

RELID Region in IMPORT/EXPORT Data Table, Lenght = 2.

PHIO_ID Physical document, : lenght = 32

SRTF2 Next record counter in EXPORT/IMPORT data tables

PH_CLASS Physical document class

CLUSTR Length field for user data in EXPORT/IMPORT tables

CLUSTD Data block for original data, Lenght = 3200

i tried to understand what all this really means and its implications, and impact on SAP database,

can you please eloborate the same,

In PHIO_ID = Physical document, : lenght = 32, it is having some alphanumeric values in the field, what does this indicate, and also if we are using content server for storing of our DMS documents, in this case does this really matter,

using content server will store all the original in the content server, so that not loading the SAP Database,

but to maintain some link between the Content server and SAP Tables and fields this details are maintained, and donot load SAP Database i suppose,

any comments are welcome,

Regards

sathish,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Satish,

Though the 3 tables SDOKCONT1, DMS_CONT1_CD1, BDS_CONT1 have the similar fields, the purpose of using the tables might be different. For example if you create a ztable by copying the SAP standard table and make changes according to your requirement, both will have the similar fields but both are not being used for the same business scenario.

Your understanding about the content server is true to some extent, the database is much better suited than a file system to the administration of large amounts of data. Internally at SAP, the SAP Content Server has been used for several release cycles to administrate all documentation and training content.

Knowledge Provider (KPro) is a functionality using which we can store reports and report templates outside the SAP system. This reduces the memory capacity load on the SAP database. The Content Management Service (CMS) is a service within the IT infrastructure provided by Knowledge Provider, and the CMS functions as an interface between content servers and the SAP system.

check the below links it would help for your better understanding.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/8a/d31c34044611d3951d00a0c92f024a/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/8a/d31c34044611d3951d00a0c92f024a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Keerthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally content servers are used not to load the database only, but while creating the content repositories we can set the storage types.i.e., you set what kind of physical storage medium you want for your repository.Only if you select the SAP database as your storage medium you need the field Content table.

There are different storage mediums..

1. Storage type HTTP Content Server : Either the SAP Content Server or a third-party content server can be used

2. SAP system database : If you want to store your documents in the SAP database, you need a content table. All your documents are stored in this table in the SAP database.

3. RFC archive :RFC is used for storing documents in the context of SAP ArchiveLink, the Archive Development Kit (ADK), or an application that uses SAP ArchiveLink or the ADK.

4. Structure storage system:The structure repository is only used in the SAP Knowledge Warehouse environment.

As far as i know u just need to copy the default tables to create a new ones. you cannot change the default fields since SAP doesn't recommends it.

In this table you can store either the physical documents or the URL's. so may be the physical document ID is the id of the document/URL's

check this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/85/8d3584c47211d5993d00508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

regards,

Kavitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Satish,

You can use the standard table or you can create a ztable and use. Itu2019s up to you.

I think there is no need to create different or many number of content repositories for DMS as there will be different storage locations in one content repository.

Regards,

Keerthika