Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fault e-mail message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have asynchronous scenario :

e-mail -> XI 3.0 - IDOC (R/3)

When received e-mail is not processed corectly I have to send an error e-mail message back to to supplier.

What is a simplest method to achieve this ?

Is it sufficient to use Fault Message Type (what else ?).

Thanks

Marian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marian,

You can bring the alert raised by CCMS to alert inbox from where u can follow michal's web blog for the rest. It is just the change of auto reaction method brings the alert to the alert inbox.

this help link will surely help in brign the alert to the alert inbox (ALM).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/30/62e77b2f4865488a866d4103923a93/frameset.htm

regards,

aravindh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for your answer and good link. However for me is important to have a possibility to create a text of alert dynamicly from a message payload (Michal's weblog) and to process it in "Auto-reaction" method - your weblog.

Now I just have to write a specification so I would like to clarify it myself as much as possible.

The implementation time will come in future.

Thanks for your help.

Marian.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Marian Morzol,

Here are my clarification

1)

In Aravindh weblogs there is a example when execution time exceed some treshold value. However I need to raise alert when an error occurs in message processing. Do I understand it correctly when I suppose that category MONITORING and parameter CCMS_MONITORING with value 1 will rease an alert when the above error occurs ?

I suppose it based on documentation : "If you have monitoring switched on, any system and application errors that occur when processing an XML message within the Integration Engine are saved in the CCMS."

category MONITORING and parameter CCMS_MONITORING with value 1 will switch on CCMS and will not raise alert with the message fails.But for raising alerts during the configuring CCMS it is mandatory to switch on CCMS.

Once you configured CCMS , the inbuilt property of the CCMS will raise alert when a message fails or when the time for execution exceeds beyond a limit depending upon our configuration(as mentioned in my second and third blogs on CCMS).

1.Switch on CCMS (parameter CCMS_MONITORING with value 1)

2.Add the system (SID) and its client that needs to be monitored.

3.Go to RZ 20 .from the monitoring template availablr for Exchange Infrastructure , create a monitoring set for monitoring that system.

Once this is done CCMS is responsible for raising alerts when a message fails.We can then handle the alert raised with suitable auto reaction methods which in turn calls function modules or RFCs.

2)

In Aravindh series there is a fixed e-mail address ... I need to read supplier number from MessagePayload/ or original sender e-mail address and send message to this e-mail address. Based on Michal weblog I am able to write a supplier number to alert message. But how I can reach this text from any further (ABAP) program (method) ?

The recipients who should be informed about the failure of the message will be maintained in the auto reaction methods as well as the SAPCONNECT configuration.

There is nothing much u can do to dynamically choose the recipients. Becoz triggering E-Mail in CCMS is a configuration setting done once.There is no place to do business logic involved anywhere in the configuration as far as i know.

In simple terms , the entire process is just like connecting pipes of different shapes and size .You cant do anything when water is flowing inside. its all set.

"I need to send an e-mail to recipent e-mail read from XML which will be delivered to XI e-mail adapter in e-mail as an attachment.

Do you think it is possible to implement ?"

I think it is possible. Are you aware of the payloadswapbean---> itz a module provided by SAP , it will bring in the attachment as the payload and helps you to extract information from the attachment.

It is available in detail in How To…Use the Mail

Adapter of the XI 3.0 J2EE Adapter Engine(Page no: 8,9,10).

Have a look and i feel it helps you.

really sorry for the late reply.

regards,

aravindh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks to you and to Michal's Krawczyk weblog and my little effort I think I will be able to create the scenario with CCMS monitoring. I am writeng a "technical concept" just now so I just to have investigate how things works.

In time I am going to implement it I will kindly ask you for help in case I have other problems.

Thank you for your answer.

Please send me document "How To...Use the Mail Adapter of the XI 3.0 J2EE Adapter Engine." to my private e-mail.

morzol at centrum dot cz.

Thank you.

Marian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anyway, do you thing that it is possible to combine your weblogs with Michal Krawczyk weblog "/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated I realy need to build a text of alert myself.

I hope to combine these two aproaches is possible.

Thank you for your answer.

Marian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody help please.

Thanks

Marian

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>When received e-mail is not processed corectly I have to send an error e-mail message back to to supplier.</i>

• You mean to say if it is not posted Idoc , then you want to send the error e mail back to sender ?? If so, it will be of Synch communication type. Like get the Acknowledgement from the Idoc and send the Response back to Sender via Email with the help of BPM.

If you are able to idenfy the Error Records/Validate the email, before it posts into R/3 , then you can do this in Adapter Modules/Mapping. So that you can check in the Receiver Determination and you can send to 2 recievers - R/3 if it is a valid and Email if it is an invalid.

Info about Fault Message Types-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/dd/b7623c6369f454e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope this helps,

regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marian,

There are couple of options dependingon how your data is flowing.

1.If you just want to send an error message if the error happens if there is adapter or mapping happens, then you can raise alert and capture that to send mails

2. If the error happens at the application level as in posting the IDoc, then you need to capture the error happened in the application usng ack IDoc or send a seperate report via mail.

3.It also depends how ur data is coming, is it one IDoc per mail or multiple IDoc per mail and what do u need to do if half of them are posted and half go into error.

The acknowledgment error expect SAP system on both ends. YOu can try using it. It didn't work in my scenario. We have to creat a ZALEAUD.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

thank you for your answer.

The point 1 in your answer describe my scenario.I have one e-mail message with attachment per one IDOC.

I will try to more specify my requirements.

I will receive e-mail through e-mail adapter from MS Exchange server. In case of error in mapping or in adapter

I need to send error e-mail back to supplier. E-mail address should be determined based on field in incoming message becouse I want to process e-mails from many suppliers through one e-mail adapter.

I saw a weblogs "Configuring scenario specific E-mail alerts in XI-CCMS" from Aravindh Prasanna

and "Alerts with variables from the messages payload" from Michal Krawczyk. Both are great.

However for my own scenario I need to clear these questions :

1)

In Aravindh weblogs there is a example when execution time exceed some treshold value. However I need to raise alert when an error occurs in message processing. Do I understand it correctly when I suppose that category MONITORING and parameter CCMS_MONITORING with value 1 will rease an alert when the above error occurs ?

I suppose it based on documentation : "If you have monitoring switched on, any system and application errors that occur when processing an XML message within the Integration Engine are saved in the CCMS."

2)

In Aravindh series there is a fixed e-mail address ... I need to read supplier number from MessagePayload/ or original sender e-mail address and send message to this e-mail address. Based on Michal weblog I am able to write a supplier number to alert message. But how I can reach this text from any further (ABAP) program (method) ?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you

Marian