cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List Of Roles in Navigation Page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have encountered a strange problem related to roles in the Navigation page(Navigation Services->Navigation).

I have two MII servers-Development and Quality . I moved the navigations created for Development server to the Quality server by importing the xmiibackup.zip file of the Development server.

I noticed that few of the roles that were created in Development Netweaver UME are appearing in the dropdown (Account Names) in the Navigation page of the Quality Server. These roles are however not present in the Quality Netweaver UME.

My inclination was that the roles in the dropdown are coming from the xml files present for each role in the xmiibackup.zip that was migrated from the Development server. So I deleted the xmiibackup.zip file from \usr\sap\D31\tmp of the Quality System and then checked the Navigation page but there was no change in the roles dropdown.

I would like to know from where exactly these roles are coming in the dropdown of the Navigation page.

Thanks,

Manisha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Roles and Users come from UME. The list or dropdowns you see on the JSP menu pages should match the following URLs:

/XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=RoleList

/XMII/Illuminator?Service=SystemInfo&Mode=UserList&Group=XMII Users

These namespace lists should correspond to the applicable areas for all of the configuration pages in the Security Services and Navigation Services sections.

Only when a user goes to the Personalization service URL for showing the MII home page should the navigation and tab items come into the equation.

Can you confirm that these lists align with your UME instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

I verified using the URL, the roles were also present in Netweaver UME. I deleted the extra ones and now the Navigation dropdown is showing the correct roles.

Thanks,

Manisha

0 Kudos

Since when is answering a question only worth two points? I guess that's what competition does...

Answers (0)