cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination and webserver settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to configure the RFC destination and other technical settings and certainly need help from Basis people. However what inputs we have to give them enabling us to set right configuration. I find different proxy class, RFC destination etc have been set for different object types.

For ex, I want to configure cproject with MM,SD, CO etc

What information as a functional consultant we have to provide to Basis people.

I met with following error in accounting.please tell the path for required settings.

An error occurred when connecting to the accounting system EC6CLNT100

Message no. DPR_FIN_GECCO001

Diagnosis

A connection to the Accounting system could not be made. Possible causes are:

The system is not available

The RFC destination for the Accounting system is incorrectly defined in Customizing.

System Response

The system could not read data from the Accounting system. The system cannot distribute project data to the Accounting system.

Procedure

In transaction SM59 check the RFC destination defined for the Accounting system.

Check whether you defined the correct RFC destination for the object type. See Customizing for Collaboration Projects under --> --> .

Zinni

Edited by: Makwana Zinni on May 27, 2009 1:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

silvia_kreuzhuber
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zinni,

as the error message already indicates, please check the RFC destination that is maintained for the accounting integration. This setting is usually done in the cProjects customizing in transaction spro under:

- Collaboration Projects

- Connection to External Systems

- Accounting Integration

- Define Object Links for Accounting Integration

Please test the remote logon for this connection in transaction sm59 via button u2018Remote logonu2019. In case that errors occur, please contact your Basis colleagues. Verify also that the RFC user is a 'dialogue' user and that a correct password is saved.

Additionally, check if the navigation to the target system works in IMG activity u2018Make Settings in ERP Systemu2019 (in TA spro under u2018Accounting Integrationu2019, see above).

There are some more hints in the cProjects configuration guide, chapter u2018Preparing Object Links to Other Systemsu2019 and u2018Ensuring Logon without the Logon Screenu2019. For release 4.0, the guide is attached to SAP note 978997, the one for 4.5 can be found in SAP note 1119326.

Regards,

Silvia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Solved through your valued inputs. Points awarded.

Zinni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the same error. Could you please elaborate on how you fixed the error. I am not sure what/how to test in tcode SM59. I am following the cofig guide for cProjects but the cProjects screen is still giving me the error msg and I am not able to understand the solution.

Here is the ERROR MSG

An error occurred when connecting to the accounting system

Message no. DPR_FIN_GECCO001

Diagnosis

A connection to the Accounting system could not be made. Possible causes are:

The system is not available

The RFC destination for the Accounting system is incorrectly defined in Customizing.

System Response

The system could not read data from the Accounting system. The system cannot distribute project data to the Accounting system.

Procedure

In transaction SM59 check the RFC destination defined for the Accounting system.

Check whether you defined the correct RFC destination for the object type. See Customizing for Collaboration Projects under --> --> .

ANYONE'S HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zinni,

The RFC destination are configured in Transaction SM59.

RFC Destination : ...........Description

Connection Type : 3 (ABAP Connection)

IP Address : ...........

Target Host : .....

Please Donot change the standard proxy class for Object type. Just enter the destination (RFC) & the web server alias (You may ask your basis team for web server alias.)

Regards

Sejo.