cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix collapse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to create a collapse button like the one on the "Manage User Fields" form, but is unable to find a way to add the collapse button (the little yellow triangle) to a cell.

Any help will be apreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help so far.

I got ExTree and is trying to get the event from the component. When the user selects some node in the tree I would like to change the visibility of certain components. How do I link the ExTree events with B1's event queue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

jut a little point, I'm not saying here that this ActiveX is the one to use in Business One. It's jut a sample, you may consider to try others also..

It's not possible to have the event in the Business One queue. I handle the event in a specific sub, when I define the Tree object as a WithEvent objects. Then in a class that handle the tree, I fired the event when the user make changes on the tree.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I now understand how it works.

I know that the component you suggested is just a pointer and that others exist. I did a search and could only find other components that is more expensive than the one you suggested and decided to try that one.

Again, thanks for shedding some light on all of this!

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, just one point if you decide to buy it.

We had a lot of difficulties to integrate their Run time dll in our addon install package.

so finally we just bought the sources and they compiled us a dll (with no need to run time) . It was a lot cheaper than the weeks we spent to try to fix the issu on the install.

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried the ActiveX example which uses the ActiveX tree but found that it does not work on Windows XP SP2. How did you solve this problem?

As I understand one can wrap a tree in an ActiveX control but I have tried it, but was unsucessful as I don't have enough ActiveX knowledge to write my own ActiveX controls.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use an ActiveX I found on the internet : http://www.exontrol.com/extree.jsp

Like you I'm not an expert in ActiveX, but I could work with this one.

Just some refresh problem

Sebastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add the little triangle to a Matrix (which does not have the CollapseLevel attribute).

I don't like the way the Grid handles the collapse level as I want to simulate a tree using the collapse (as is done on the "Manage User Fields" form).

I want something that looks like the following

Col1

Category1

Category1.1

Category1.2

Category2

This is the way it is done in the above mentioned form. When I use the Grid with the collapse level to 1, it will create 4 seperate collapse for the above. If I add a second column for the second level it is displayed in a strange way as follows:

Col1

Col2

Category1

Categroy1.1

Categroy1.2

Categroy2

It is the expected behaviour for setting the collapse level to 2 but it is not what I have in mind.

And the other problem is that it will not work correctly if the tree is unbalanced as some "nodes" will need more columns than the other "nodes". It will also be difficult to extend the tree to have more levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand, but this is the only possibility you have with the current version of the SDK.

There is no possibility with the Matrix object, you have to use the grid object.

The Tree control that you can see in the application is not available right now. To have something similar, I use an activeX

HTH

Sébastien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

have a look at SAP UI sample number 19. it shows how to use Grid, and how to create collapse button.

It works using CollapseLevel property of the Grid object.

You don't need to create a cells with a triangle, it does it automaticaly.

Sebastien