cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions to Solution Manager installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi@all,

I have some questions left and I hope to find someone here willing to answer them

I now have successfully installed the oracle db, the central instance, the database instance and the dialog instance.

I could install now the Internet Graphics Server, the gateway instance and the SDK.

The IGS could be installed for the central and/or for the database instance?

As far as I understood, the IGS is for displaying SAP content in html easily.

Do I have to install the IGS for both instances (central and database) or which one should I choose?

Do I need the gateway instance and the SDK?

I have to excuse me if I sound like a moron, but your help would be very appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You just need one IGS for the central instance and one for every dialog instances if they are on separate hosts.

You do not need any seperate gateway.

SDK is this java sdk, if so yes you need it on every hosts, where j2ee is running.

Cheers,

Chetan

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan Hunduja,

are you sure? We have only one IGS working on our central instance and this can be used also by reports which are executed also on our dialog instance on an other host; they use the same RFC.

Indeed, the installation program invocated for the dialog instance installed an igs into /usr/<SID>/D01/igs but we renamed it to igs.inactive so it won't be started by the startsap script.

The SDK might be the RFC SDK which is used to develop own RFC servers or clients in C++ (and has some interesting documentation and usefull demo programs like startrfc). You usually don't need it.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riccardo,

By default the installation installs the igs, although you could right disable it later by changing the profile as there is only two standard rfc's created and the same igs could be used.

Could you kindly share some more info on RFC SDK.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Chetan

"hindujachetan@gmail.com"

RiccardoEscher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan Hinduja,

you can find some information about the RFC SDK in the sap library:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/22/04280f488911d189490000e829fbbd/content.htm

In the past we used one of the sample programs (startfrc) to send data from a pc to a sap server without big programming.

You can download the rfc-sdk here:

http://service.sap.com/swdc -> SAP Support Packages -> My Company's Application Component -> SAP RFC SDK

Bye

Answers (0)