Did you mean: 

Scheduling on Multiactivity Resources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All:

My scenario is some thing like this.

I have resource R1 which has no if individual capacities are 10 and

each capacity is available for 10 Hrs in a day and it produced 1

Unit/Hr so on that basis it can produce 100 Unit in a day over all.

Now I have 1 PPM which is using same resouce as R1(which has no of

individual capacity as 10) where its taking 1 Hr to produced 1 Unit of

end item.

Now suppose I have a forecast for 100 Unit for which SNP has planned

100 Hrs.While converting SNP-Planned Order to PP/DS Planned Order its

showing that defined operation in PPM is taking 10 days where each day

its using 10 Hrs of production.

So it means its not sheduling by considering over all available

capacity.Which is required to customer.Customer is usinf no of

individual capacity more than one because they dont want to increase

planned order in system.

Please tell me how scheduling on multiactivity resource can take place

when I have one planned order only.

In scheduling stratgy used capacity is used as Buckt Capacity.

Can some one tell me that what is the meaning of Fixed/Variable continual Consumption parameter which is set for resource used in any PPM's activity.

How its used to define scheduling time of operation .

Regards

Ashish Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding the fixed / variable resource consumption, I have refered the help and reproducing the same for your benefit.

The resource consumption of an activity is the capacity of the resource that is necessary to carry out the activity.

eg..

An furnace has a capacity of 1000 pc. The resource consumption of a tempering activity carried out in this furnace is variable and can amount to between 1 and 1000 pc, depending on the quantity to be produced.

Because different resources may be necessary to carry out an activity, which are then simultaneously taken up by this activity, the activity can thus be responsible for several resource consumptions (one for each resource in the mode).

The resource consumption of an activity can have a fixed portion (which is independent of the order quantity) and a variable portion (which is quantity-dependent). A quantity-dependent portion is only allowed in the case of multiresources

Regarding your Capacity is concerned, I am not sure, this may be due to bucket capacity profile.

Each resource capacity is 10 Hrs. / day, hence 10 units / day. Pl. check once again, what is there in Bucket capacity strategy profile. The min. bucket capacity is one day. Eventhough it's less hours reqd. , it consider one day. Pl. check and revert, if you get the solution.

Madhava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

As you have defined bucket capacity in your definitions, the fixed bucket resource consumption specifies the capacity consumption of a resource, independently of the lot size. For example, if there is fixed 1 hour break defined in the resource master after a specific operation, irrespective the lot size or demand calculation, this one hour will get consumed and accordingly scheduling takes place.

The variable bucket resource consumption specifies the capacity consumption of a resource depending on a certain lot size. For eg, if there are two operations A & B, and after the operation A there is a break time for 10 minutes for lot size 500 litres and for operation B, there is break time for 15 minutes for lot size 1000 litres, then during scheduling in that resource, the consumption will be planned based on the lot size and the variable bucket resource consumption values.

Please let me know if this helps to resolve your query

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

In my query I asked about Fixed/Variable Continual Consumption parameter(Fixed continual consumption needs to be set if resource has no of individual capacity is more than 1).As far as my knowledge this parameter says that how many individual capacity of multiactivity resource are used to perform that activity.By default its value is 1.

My question is that if I have 10 indivudal capacity defined in a resource and if I am placing only one order of say 100 TO (where each individual capacity is running for 10 Hrs in a day and in 1 Hour its producing 1 TO).WHile scheduling its taking 10 days by consuming 1 resource capacity of 10 Hr/per day.

Even in strategy profile we are using resource consumption from bucket capacity(Where bucket capacity is defined as 100 Hr/day).

Client does not want to increase planned order on the basis of individual resources thats why they have clubbed it into a single resources by making no of individual capacity is 10.

My question is that how Fixed/Variable Continual Consumption parameter in routing used in scheduling takes place.It will be great if with the abovie mentioned example any one can help me out to understand it.

Regards

Ashish Gupta