Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Application based Personalization

Do we have <b>application based Personalization</b> in Enterprise Portal ?

For e.g.

For a report program, in ABAP we have variants. Similarly, for an application program in Enterprise Portal, a user wants to store a few selection parameters as default and the application will run based on those default parameters. At some point, he may change those default parameters. So the next time the application runs, this will pick up the user's default application values and run the application.

Is this possible in EP or Web Dynpro ?

I faintly remember this is not possible as I recall one of the messages by an SAP member, but I am not sure. It was mentioned that this will be made available in future SP.

If anyone has used mySAP Workplace, you may be aware of this feature there.

I am currently on EP SP12.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

replied

Hi Subramanian,

> a Web Dynpro application

That's much more problematic. WD app's are not really portal applications, they are just URL integrated J2EE applications (with some specific features on the WD side to make use of portal specialities).

> you mention that iView Parameters just

> can be declared as personalizabale

That's done within the portalapp.xml for portal applications and their components. But a WD integrated app is based on an integration portal application. So here this mechanism doesn't work.

> storing the information (timezone in this case)

> for a particular user is not a feature built-in portal

In general, it definitely <i>is</i> - but this, as said, holds for portal applications, not for integrated applications, whether they are WD apps or BSPs or whatsoever.

Hope it helps

Detlev

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question