cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh the browser from a Webdynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to know if there is a way to include an action to refresh the browse, it's like to press F5, actually I have an application to change the role of the user and I need to refresh to display the new role of the user.

Thanks in advance

Alexis Ramirez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My application is changing the role in the UME, so after I change I want to refresh the browser in order to show the new role, becuase otherwise the user has to log off and log on again to see the new content.

Thanks in advance

Alexis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis

If you are calling a BAPI to change the role then execute the bapi again to change it in the backend - your display showing roles will automatically be updated.DOn't forget to invalidate() the output node of the model.

else

You can call again the Application using

http://host:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/companyname.com/Applicationname

else

if it's a screen display only then it's much simpler.

Then there is no need for browser refresh.

Hope this helps

Regards

Ananda

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis,

Following Link may be Help-ful to u

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/46/bb1841

ab4811d4968100a0c94260a5/frameset.htm

Best Regard's

Dheerendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis,

You can create a Refresh functionality by creating a button. In the OnAction event of that button you can call the method responsible for retreiving & displaying the data of user.

Thanks,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis,

I dont think so there is a direct approach for refreshing the browser window in web dynpro.

One work around could be -

Create an html page pointing to the url of the Web Dynpro application.In the html code you can write the "onaction" method for the button and in the code implement it as "window.replace" (i.e. on action of the button it replaces the existing window with the same url)

Thus in the same window opens the same page again in the browser.This away you can refresh the page.

Thanks,

Samta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

You can use a control called timed trigger and write the logic for using it according to your situation.

Regards,

Jayant.