Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Std.Cubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have few basic questions.

1. When we install Basic Std. cubes, we need to copy the cube and change its name right? we cannot use the BC cubes as it is?

2. Before installing Inventory Mgmt Infosources i.e. 2LIS_01_BF,BX,UM , what kind of configuration we should perform in OLTP side.

Thanks

Robyn.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi Robyn,

1. no, we can use business content infocube.

we can add some infoobjects (customized) or make a copy then change. no issue with new busines content since they are delivered in D (delivered) version, won't overwrite existing. when activate/transfer also system will ask whether overwrite existing or not.

2. follow this how to inventory management doc

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f83be790-0201-0010-4fb0-98b...

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thx A.H.P

These questions look simple but as a newcomer im little confused on basics, just im trying to get my basics right.

1. How can i check the Patch level on R/3 and BW?

2. I guess we have patch level 12 on BW i think, i cant find SD related cubes like 0SD_C03,0SD_C01 in Infoproviders by Infoarea section of BC. But i can c SD related Infosources. what could be the reason.

3. We have to first configure OLTP for Inventory MGMT and Purchasing (Procurement) and Datasource for COPA before we install relevant BC right?

0 Kudos

hi Robyn,

you are welcome

1. you can use menu system->status

in next screen, click 'component information' (glass icon) or use transaction SPAM.

2. have you activate/install these cubes ?

rsa1->business content->left panel 'object type', middle panel choose 'infocube' and 'select object', can find here ? you can also try transaction RSDCUBE and type in 0SD_C03 and check whether it's exist. if not exist you need to install first.

3. you can use RSA5 in r/3 to install/transfer business content datasources.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thx AHP,

Can anyone tell how to change the cube name according to respective client naming convention.

first we select the cube from BC and drop it in Collected Objects in right panel give some settings like Match r copy, & Install. Then it will be installed. Where can we rename this Cube then?

Thx,

Robyn.

0 Kudos

hi Robyn,

no, we won't rename the business content cube and we cannot rename cube (technical name), but we copy the business content cube.

rsa1->infoproviders->right click certain infoarea->'create infocube'->in next screen, specify the cube technical name (begin with Z), e.g we want copy from 0pur_c01 then we may give name ZPUR_C01, type description and there is 'copy from', put the business content cube there (e.g 0pur_c01).

hope this helps.

Answers (0)