Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Mail to User,File Format is .ALI need to Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an Requirement that, We need to Sent the Mail from the Final Output of an ALV Report to the

Receipents( like kiran@ourcompany.com). But the thing is the Mail is triggering to the User.

But he is unable to View the Output becoz the File type is ".ALI".

We need to Sent the Mail to the Receipent like .XLS Or .PDF Format.

How can we achieve this.

Points will be Rewarded.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran I.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kiran,

Go to Tr. SCOT open you mail node click on 'SET' for typ Internet.

Here you will find the supported formats /* in case sap rel. <620 */ or the requiered conversions.

Case sap rel. <620 remove the ALI (my suggestion all SAP internal format from the list of supported formats) >> the ALI document will be converted to a readable document.

sap rel >620 choose the format you wish for ALI lists.

Regards,

Dezso

0 Kudos

Hi Dezso,

Thanks for your Reply.

While sending the Report to the Users,it is showing that the File Format is .ALI only.

In the Transaction SCOT we have selected that All File Formats.

Even though we have the Same Problem. We are not able to Convert the File from .ALI to .XLS or .PDF.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran I

0 Kudos

Hello,

If you select all file formats it is not ok. It means you allow to send out .ALI files. It should not be allowed. As if it is not allowed the system will try to convert it automatically as I described above.

Choose: ALL Format Except the Following. And press the SAP Interne Formats Button.

After this the ALI will be converted based on the priorities in the list I mentioned above.

regards,

Dezso

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

one more thing, in case sap rel <620 you can influence the ourput format by setting priotity for a particular conversion rule under: settings >>conversion rules in Tr. SCOT.

Regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Narayana

u can check this

Check these links

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/reporting/email/emailhome.htm

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/reporting/email/email_sapmail.htm

Convert ALI to PDF.

Oss Notes 171698 and 317851 ( release 4.6C, 4.6b, 4.5b)

Additional OSS notes 323736 and 414325.

Hope that helps!

Naveen