Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Analysis - Error

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I assigned the role 'com.sap.pct.best.EC_Sales' and was able to see a menu 'Sales Analysis'. I have created the System alias as 'SAP_BW_BP'. When i click on the link it gives an Error.

Portal Runtime Error

An exception occurred while processing a request for :

iView : N/A

Component Name : N/A

Unable to lookup System 'SAP_BW_BP'. Please check the system object and the alias..

See the details for the exception ID in the log file

com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap.BWReport::BWReport/RoadRunnerSSOLayer

i have a few questions:

1) What is this role for ?

2) Why could this error have occured when i have my system alias in place ?

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is this system with alias SAP_BW_BP correctly set up? (go to system administration -> system configuration, click on the system object and run the connector test). The system you have given the alias, it is a working BW system?

My guess is that the role is a Business Package of some sort which works against BW, but do you really need this role if you do not know what it is?

Best regards,

Jørgen

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have two system objects SAP_R3_BP ad SAP_BW_BP. The later one is working. Whenever i click on links that use this system object it works fine. But since the first system object is based on my ECC system it is failing in the test connection itself. Can you let me know the properties that i have to set for the system object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think we should try to locate what the iviews of the role actually does. Could you open the role and drill-down to the iviews and see where they fetch their information from. Eg is it a BW iview, transaction iview, bsp, ... Check this using the property category - Content.

Best regards,

Jørgen

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jørgen. I shall do that and let u know tomorrow.