Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample BW report execution

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to just run a BW report in my portal. I have craeted a System object and even tested it. So that part works fine.

I created an iView for BW. It asked for System alias and BEx Web Application Query String. I have given value for my system alias. But i dont know what value i should give for Query string. I went through the earlier forums. There were things about InfoCube, Query, bookmark_ID etc..

I dont know any concepts of BW report. I just want to check if my connection are working. When i preview the iView it gives me a window with a ToolBar at the top and a message that says 'No authorization'.

There must be some built in reports which i can call from my portal. Can somebody help me in building the Query String so that i just get to see a simple report.

Suggestions would be rewarded.

Murali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Murali, its me again ))

Check whether u have given sufficient permissions on system for Everyone or desired group of users. If not u can give the permissions by following below mentioned steps :

1) Edit ur system object defined under System Landscape.

2) In "Display" choose Permissions

3) Add "Everyone" group with "Read" access, TICK the "End User" check box.(do NOT forget to tick )

4) Save ur changes.

Also if u want to test u can use

"http://<BW Server with FQDN>:<Port>/sap/bw/BEx?sap-language=EN&bsplanguage=EN&cmd=ldoc&INFOCUBE=0BBP_SC&QUERY=0BBP_SC_Q004"

First test this URL directly in browser.

If yes then in BEx query string under Iview properties enter the URL part which comes after "?" i.e. sap-language=EN&bsplanguage=EN&cmd=ldoc&INFOCUBE=0BBP_SC&QUERY=0BBP_SC_Q004.

Actually iView will ceate the whole URL as

WAS protocol + WAS hostname + WAS path + BEx Query String

So ultimately u will get the above mentioned BW test url.

With Regards,

Amol.

Message was edited by: Amol Ghodekar

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I tried it the same way u said. I have created the permissions and saved the System object. Then i tried running the entire path in by browser. It gives me the same blank page with a Toolbar at top and a 'No authorization' message.

My ID in BW server was newly created and i believe i dont have authorizations. I am not able to run any TCODE in the BW server itself. So i shall first get full rights in the BW server and test it.

One more question. Are

INFOCUBE=0BBP_SC&QUERY=0BBP_SC_Q004 referring to the standard or existing infocubes ? Would they be present in my BW server ? I have no clue as how to find them out. I am just waiting for authorizations to get into RSA1 to see a list of all the objects.

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I dont know whether the provided Infocube and Query are standard or not. Actully that URL was given to me by BW consultant.

So u can also do the same thing, get a help from BW consultant.

With regards,

Amol

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There are not many BW people around me. i shall try my best and keep u posted. Thanks

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. It was an Authorization problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone send me some name of standard BW reports that i can execute from my portal.