cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirment is to populate a Z field in BUT00 table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is to add a Z field in BUT000 table. This field is a timestamp field which should populate from existing fields CHDAT and CHTIM.

I have added the Z field in BUT000 table using append structure. Please help to find any EXIT or any other way to populate this z field whenever Business partner is changed or modified.

Regards,

Sravan K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Have you used EEW to add this field ? If yes, the generated code will automatically fill this field.

Alternatively, you can try using the module BUPA_CENTRAL_CI_CHANGE to modify the Z field.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rishu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishu,

I haven't used EEW to add this Z field. As mention above i have used Append structure in BUT000.

Thanks,

Sravan K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

In that case, you can use the module BUP_BUPA_BUT000_COLLECT to fill data into this append.

You would need to pass the name of the append to this FM along with the data.

Cheers,

Rishu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rishu,

Thanks for your suggestion. My doubt is where to call above function module. New Z field is added only to BUT000 table. i don't need this field to be visible on screen. When BP is changed at that time this Z field should be populated.

I donot know how to do it with EEWB. Please help.

Regards,

Sravan Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sravan,

Do the following :

1. Create your own Z module inside which you make a call to BUP_BUPA_BUT000_COLLECT with parameters as discussed earlier.

2. Go to transaction BUS7.

3. Select event DSAVB, click on EVENT-> function modules.

4. Register your Z module here. Now, whenever you save the BP, your Z module will be called and populate this field.

For referene , look at module BUTX_BUPA_EVENT_DSAVB, which is also registered in DSAVB. It is basically used to fill data into the append APP_BUT000_TAX of BUT000.

Other solution :

Implement the BADI PARTNER_UPDATE. This badi is called after save and you can use this badi to trigger your own operation after the BP is saved. In this case, you can use the BADI to trigger saving of your Z field.

Within your implementation, add the data to this field of BUT000 for whichecer partner you want. If you want to know which partner was in memory for this session, use FM : BUPA_GENERAL_CALLBACK. This will return you a table ET_BUT000_NEW, which will contain the details that have just been saved.

These will solve your problem.

Cheers,

Rishu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishu,

Thanks for your all helps.

Regards,

Sravan K.

0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

I'm trying to implement a Tax Type Validation with BUS7 transaction in accordance with the instructions in this post.

I changed the FM BUTX_BUPA_EVENT_DSAVB by the ZBUTX_BUPA_EVENT_DSAVB (identically copied), I run the BP Transaction in a Debug Mode.  I m not able to get values in the globals parameters, for example fot GT_BPTAX. All memory fields like partner, taxtype introduced or from master data are lost with my Z FM. With the Standard FM BUTX_BUPA_EVENT_DSAVB the fields have values.

What else do I need to implement or what's wrong with the function?

Very Thanks ! Yenia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to update partner data by BBPMAININT transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not able to update partner data by BBPMAININT transaction.