cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Status is not changing to completed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Experts at the time of return process the sales order status of return order is always being processed it is not turning to completed even after i have done return delivery & billing.

Thanks

Ravi

IdhaSoft Ltd

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Guess the Completion Rule of Item category is not relevant to any other process except for referring Quotations and Contracts while creating subsequent Orders.

Apart from the suggestions given by others, also please check whether the values of your credit for returns have been released to accounting/FI.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Is the credit memo is settled?? and accounting entries has been created? and also check u have created the Return delivery wrt to retuurn sales order or not. regarding accounting plz do have a check with FI guys.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply. i have 2 example with me one return order is having status completed after return invoice is done but the another one has status being processed.

The return order which is having status being processed its OR is also having status being processed in document flow.

Ravi

IdhaSoft Ltd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Can you please tell us what's your flow for this cycle, along with material quantity:

Like OR-> delivery > Picking> PGI> Billing> Accontind doc --> RE --> PGR --> CM or something else?

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

in the returns transaction that is still "being processed", was the returns created in reference to a sales order? if so, i suspect that the completion rule settings for the sales order item category might have something to do with this.

please take a look using VOV7 and post again.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

I have done

OR-> delivery > Picking> PGI> Billing> Accontind doc --> RE --> (not picking)PGR --> CR Has done by me.

It is same for both order but for one order it as showing being processed.

Ravi

IdhaSoft Ltd

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

did you process the credit memo with reference to the returns order? or did you create a Credit Memo Request with reference to the returns?

cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Go to VOV7, select your item category and click on details. There you can see a field "Completion Rule". Maintain "B" there and retry. After changing the status may not change, so for checking u have to create the new cycle,

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jonathan & Raja,

In header data of sales document it is showing partially delivered even though it has been delivered fully.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Check all the copy control setting in VTLA, for the item data from order to delivery check the control setting, The update document flow check box should be Ticked and positive , negative quantity should be positive.

Please check and confirm.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In copy control setting in VTLA, Their is update document flow check box should be Ticked and positive. i don't have an idea that why the status is not coming completed.

Document delivery status it is showing partially delivered even after it is fully delivered.

&Overall status is showing being processed.

The Same is happening in OR- LF-F2 also.

Any help

Ravi

Edited by: Ravi@sap on May 27, 2009 1:16 PM

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Is this the only order or there are many?

If it is the only then look for the oss note to get rectify the status of the documents.

If the issue is for all orders then request you to once again check your configuration as suggested by others, in particular for completion rule.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks and Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again!!!

i forgot or maybe i didn't see... have you posted goods receipt for your returns delivery?

in standard settings, credit memo (billing) is order-based. therefore, goods receipt is not a basis for issuance of credit memo. in our cases, it is quite common for us to forget posting receipts.

however, i could not recall for the moment if this also is why your returns order status is still not complete. try checking goods receipt and if this still does not resolve the issue, i would look into item category settings in VOV7 and VTLA.

i do recall we tried to use completion rule to limit the returns quantity to be not greater than the reference sales order quantity. we made the copy controls to support this. while restriction was possible, the trade-off was that the moment the standard order was referenced by returns, the status changes from complete to partially processed.

regards!!!