cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sizing of PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have XI requirement for 5 scenario, I have to give them the sizing document in terms of landscape and hardware requiremenst for SAP XI,

Could you throw in your inputs for the above

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx guys..

we need both ABAP and java stack...right?.is it possible to link it to ABAP on one box

and Java on another?...

what do we generally give the vendor in terms of sizing for PI?..H/w req?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we need both ABAP and java stack...right?

Right

is it possible to link it to ABAP on one box and Java on another?

Not recommended

what do we generally give the vendor in terms of sizing for PI?..H/w req?

Use Quicksizer tool and you will come to know this. You can search for this tool on SDN.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had one more query, what is the SAP component that gets installed first after installation of PI?...

also is it possible to put E Rec and PI on the same box?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you will use the installation wizard for PI, both the stacks will be installed in one go without asking for individual stack. You wont find it really separated.

Technically you can install E rec system on the same server. But it is not recommended at all. It is better to have PI on a separate server.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Guys,

Thank you for the inputs, This is not much on a volume scale since we have only 5 interface.

So i was wondering what will be the best fit?..

Since we have a small implementation. they are planning to club EP XI and TREX in the same box?..is it possible?

For XI as far as i know we need both ABAP and java stack..is it possible to link it to ABAP on one box

and Java on another?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As far i know EP and XI can be on same box , not sure of trex.

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically it's no problem to have TREX and XI on the same box. And with the given input of a system that has just 5 interfaces and (I assume) not a high volume of data processing you can definetely go this way!

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Login to Service market place with SMP Login Id / Password

There would be a SAP given standard tempalete run it , u will find help document along with it

follow those

For XI u need to give for example , No of messages / Adapter / Asy - Syn / Using BPM r not /

Peak time

Based on this temp wud give u output.

rgds

srini