cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show Message Area at the top and bottom as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could any one please let me know how to show the Error/success messages at the top and bottom as well.

I tried using two message areas one at the top and the other at the bottom,but it is taking the first instance of the message area and the message is shown only at the top.

Any suggestions please.

Regards,

Santhosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per my knowledge, it is not possible to use 2 message areas in view.

Alternative for this could be to have text views and context variables for specific messages. Even you can have image to indicate message type : error, warning, successful etc...

regards,

ganga

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Try to create two instance of message manager as follow:

For messageArea1:

IWDMessageManager msgMgr1 = wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager();

For messageArea2:

IWDMessageManager msgMgr2 = wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager();

other alternative soloution is to use text view UI and set the property of semanticColor to Negative or to a context attribute to change it base on success or error. you can set on the text view to the same message that is displyed in MessageArea

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Rami,

Creating two instances also does not work,at a time it is taking the first instance only.

Other that this,do think any extra step has to be done..

Ritushree Saha,

I tried this solution,before posting the thread,but I do not see this solution working.I followed the exact steps through this link. But the focus is not going to Message Area. If this works,I can convince my client.But unfortunately,its not. Any ideas what could be missing?

I am not so keen on using TextView with changing semantic color,as I think this error might differ from the standard error message..

Regards,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can try this out to display success and error mesages at the top and bottom of the view.

Solution

create a context attribute is Focus of type boolean.

view.getElement("MessageArea").requestFocus();

like in Exception block

{

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager.reportException("some Statement",false);

wdContext.currentContextElement.setIsFocus(true);

}

in

wdDOModify(){

if(wdContext.currentContextElement.getIsFocus()){

view.getElement("MessageArea").requestFocus();

wdContext.currentContextElement.setIsFocus(false);

}

}

Thanks......

Ritushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have only ONE MessageArea on a screen, and all messages from all Views on that screen will go there.

Walter