cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with portal theme for WD Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have enhanced our ECC with EHP4 and SP18 in our existing portal.And now i am getting some theme problem.

I have few Wendynpro ABAP application in the portal which was coming with correct theme earlier bur after

enhancement all the other application in the portal are coming with the proper theme except all the

Webdynpro abap application.

All the WDApplicatio are coming as blue same like its coming in the backend system.I tried with many option

but i am not able to correct it since i have very little knowledge about the portal.

Thanks,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The problem is probably due to the fact that ERP Enhp4 contains NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 1 in which SAP delivers the Lightspeed rendering and the new Signature theme SAP_TRADSHOW_PLUS. The Portal at the 7.0 SP18 release level would not have the correct mimes for Tradeshow Plug or for Lightspeed. If the UR rendering of the backend is higher than that of the portal, it has to fallback to using the local stylesheet of the ABAP AS to protect that hte rendering is done correctly (see OSS Note 1267950 and 1033496). You can try the option WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET, but because of the drastic differences in the 7.01 and 7.0 rendering this will very likely lead to rendering errors (visual errors or more serious - JavaScript errors).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the replay, can you please let me know bit elaborately what to do so that i can try .

Thanks,

Satya

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I'm not sure there is anything you can do except to upgrade your portal to NetWeaver 7.0 Enhp1. As stated in the OSS note I refered to, when the release level of the portal is older than the release level of the ABAP backend system; the Web Dynpro ABAP rendering has to fall back to the backend stylesheets to protect itself from improper rendering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also got this problem. The reason is that portal has some default style sheet present in it which is used in all the wd aplicaitons. At certain instances the CSS file present does not support certain UI elements and so the WD application behaves in a arbit way.

Check the Note no:1332683.

In the WD-application go to the parameters tab and then add a parameter WDINLINECSS = space. This might solve the problem.

Best Regards,

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Try passing this URL parameter 'sap-wd-inlinecss' as False when calling any web dynpro application.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Thanks for the replay, can you pelase tell me where exactly i have to maintained the 'sap-wd-inlinecss' as False .

N.B. We are displying the application in Portal.

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just to test it you append the following param in your web dynpro application URL like this

ex. ?sap-wd-lightspeed=X&sap-wd-inlinecss=' '

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Thanks ,when i tried to add these parameter ,i m getting Null pointer exception.

Please advice is there someting i need to add in the iView in Portal.

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Thanks ,when i tried to add these parameter ,i m getting Null pointer exception.

Thanks,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Thanks,

Satya