cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As in standard we can do availability check both at sales order level and delivery level.At the time of sales order creation if there is shortage of material then the system will do forward scheduling and gives one date on which material can available.And on this date we can do delivery and PGI.

Question 1--If at sales order level we control all availability related activities then what is the importance of availability check at delivery?

Question 2--If in delivery level we need availability check then how can we check?

Regards

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The answer to your question is Availability check in SAP Delivery is initiated during creation and check is done for the picking date. The check is carried out on the same criteria as in Sales order processing.

Availability check at delivery level is carried out for following reasons.

Check may not have done for items at order level and hence needs to be done at delivery stage.

For more details , Please refer

http://www.sapdb.info/availability-check-in-delivery/

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanks for the reply.In VL01 screen at the time of delivery creation, how can i make the system understand that i need again fresh availability check for the entered material.Is it possible in standard?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have done the configuration of Avaiklability check as suggested at the delivery level then system will automatically check and determines date for availability check on basis of earliest material availability date of all schedule lines in delivery.

for delivery item category make item relevant for availability.

Thanks,

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Already checked Delivery item category relevant for availability check.But when i try to do PGI still the system is not asking me any new availability date.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

wt is the schedule line date? if its the date when u are issuing the goods then system will take that. If you will be clear about issue, then we can help u further. Please check once all the config steps for activating availability check at delivery level, and try again. The reason here may be the stocks are available so system is allowing u for PGI.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The requirement is that we do not want avl check at sales order level rather we need this feature at delivery level.So i deactivated avl check in Schl line category.

When i create a sales order for any material having checking gruop 01 the system is not suggesting any date as it was our req.So it is working in sales order. But at the delivery level we are unable to do the check inspite of checking del item category relevant for avl check.

So here we need the system should give the fresh avl chek and inform the material avl date.So is it possible in standard to meet our requirement?

Regards

jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

Understood ur problem, can u please check these points

1) Availability check switched on at requirement class and deliveryitem category level.

2) Plant should be defined at document item level.

3) Checking group should be maintained in material master on Sales/plant screen in Availability check field.

thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Thanks again for your reply.Checked the seetings.But still not able to find the solution. Can you suggest any Userexit which would be helpfull.

Regards

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

I dnt know what is the exact problem in ur system. but do give a try by checking at this path whether all the configuration is correct or not :

Spro --> logistic Exe --> shipping --> basic shipping function > Avlblty check and TOR>

And if u want delivery user exit then u can have a look at USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT in the include MV50AFZ1

Thanks,

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi JYOTI PRAKASH KUNNAR,

Check in trx OVZ9 if you have the appropriate Checking rule, you should have one of B*.

Thanks in advance,

Mariano.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jyothi,

At delivery level sytem will check the availabilty in ware house management.Conformation of transfer order.

Importance of checking availability at level sales order availability has done.System reserve the stock for that order.In case Back order and reschduling the sales order stock will allocate to other sales orders.Then we can use delivery quantity availability check.

Regards

Vikram.M