cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert a condition step in a workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I have a general question about the workflow. I have created a workflow template and currently it is being used. This workflow consist about 35 steps in it. Currently i have a requirement which is to insert a condition check in step 6. If satisfied the condition the it will continue in step 7 and so on, if it does not then will continue in step 20.

Is this possible to be done? How can i achieve this.

Thanks,

Regards,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can use some better approach. You should copy step 20-35 into a subworkflow and use it accordingly.

Thanks

Arghadip

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. First create a new version for the workflow in SWDD

SWDD ->workflow -> generate version

It will create new version because some times you may loss all steps while cut and paste

2. Define condition in step 6 , then it will opens two branches

a> true

b> false

3. In true branch will have all the steps from 7 to 35 , then u cut the steps from 20 to 35 and paste it in False side.

Better you create one more workflow that includes all the steps from 20 to 35 and call that sub workflow in False side.

If you made some mistake while cut and paste you just activate the old version and make use of it.

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

You should add the condition step at step 6. It would create 2 branches. In the condition satisfied branch paste the steps 7 to 19. Leave the other branch as empty.

Then continue the workflow from step 20 onwards.

Please note while cutting the steps 7-19 that all the loop steps, sub-branches, etc are also cut along with these steps.

It is a very delicate activity in case of large workflows, so please try to do it with caution and check the bindings at each step.

Regards,

Saumya

former_member217316
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

First create the condition step. In the one branch you include steps 7 till 35 and in another branch you include steps 20 till 35.

Simple.

Hope this helps.

Harsh

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

Simply create the condition.

In the left branch you cut and paste steps 7 through 35 and in the right branch you COPY steps 20 through 35.

Problem solved

Alternatively you could place the logic in 2 different subflows and use that in the condition branches.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I tired to cut the step and paste inside the condition and it got mess up because i have some until step and some deadline monitoring step which further branch out the workflow.

Is that anything i can set in the condition step to say like continue in step 20?

Thanks.

Regards,

Bryan

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so, although the builder now has more functionality like ankers and process control, which I haven't really work a lot with yet.

You could place the condition between steps 7 and 20 and in the other branch place nothing, that way you skip the logic. Or use subflows

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans