Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message display area show/hide

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a lengthy message log in my application. I have a requirement, not to show the messages, instead it must be hidden always and it displayed only when the users want to see the same(by clicking on display message log).

Please a help me in acheiving the same.

Thanks,

selvakumar M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. You can check the option of "Always display message component" at the WD application editor on the properties tab. By default "Show message component on default" is checked, so change this value and see if it works for you. Both these options are available under "Handling Of Messages" section of WD application(double click on application and select the properties tab).

2. if you are using your message area then please check the property "historyVisible" and "enabled".

Thanks,

Rahul

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Actual the message is visible right now, i need it to be hidden.. i need the same to be visible only on clicking of the show message area...

the apllication has paramater

Show message component on demand is also checked, but my entire message log is displayed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have to put your message area in tray, So that tray can be collapsed and expand on demand.

You have to also mark the parameter SCOPE_PERMANENT_MSG equal to CO_MSG_SCOPE_COMPONENT. Please also check the parameter IS_PERMANENT.

Does this help?

Thanks,

Rahul

selvakumar_mohan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have made a mistake i think, actually the message is not populated in the message area UI. actually is shown in WDA framework message area . so can you please first help me to make the message to be populated into the message area i have created

Thanks,

selvakumar M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Place the tray on View

2. under tray place the MessageArea UI element.

Depending upon your requirement place the tray at the position where you want to show the messages for ex: Top of the screen, bottom etc.

So what ever messages are coming they will be accumulated in the message area and once user want, he/she can open the tray and see all messages.

Make sure that message lifeterm is as long as you want.

thanks,

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

for this u can invisible that column in the log , like this :

l_column =

l_value->if_salv_wd_column_settings~get_column( id = 'ID' ).

l_column->set_visible( value = cl_wd_uielement=>e_visible-none ).

here m using the interface IF_SALV_WD_COLUMN_SETTINGS .

regards ,

amit