cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI standard users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know about the details of the XIUSER, XI SUPER and XIAPPLUSER user in XI systems. Whether they have to be dialog users or service users. What all standard users are available in XI and what type of access they should be provided in XI?

These users also exist in R/3 systems? What type of access they should get in R/3 systems like dialog or service users etc?

What are the critical authorizations objects which should be restrcited from them in R/3 systems if they are dialog user?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan

But I have XIPSUPER as a dialog user in my XI system after the installation.

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

XISUPER should be a dialog user.

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the best practices? Should XIAPPLUSER be a service user in business system or should it be a dialog user?

Same with XISUPER should it be a dialog user in Business system or should it be a service user..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asad,

XISUPER & XIAPPLUSER will be Service users.

---Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.Still one very basic question :

Why do these service users like XIAPPLUSER exists at all in R/3 systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actullay I want to know what authorizations should XIAPPL and XISUER should have in R/3 systems.Why do these users exists at all in R/3 systems?

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

XIAPPLUSER and XIISUSER should have the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER.

<i>"Users executing messages in the messaging components must be defined in the ABAP part of the Integration Server and must be assigned the role SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER."</i>

In addition to this, the XIAPPLUSER on a receiving application system must have the authorisations necessary to execute the functions/methods called within the proxy. (for example, it must have the auths necessary to post an incoming PO).

Refer Link for further details:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d4/d12940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Cheers

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal and Mohan for the reply.

Does XIAPPL user which exists in business systems(R/3) has to be a service user or a dialog user?

Can I get a list of all standard users in XI in following format :

1. Name of user

2. Type of access in XI (Dialog or service)

3. Type of access in R/3 (Dialog or Service)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asad,

Does XIAPPL user which exists in business systems(R/3) has to be a service user or a dialog user?

XIAPPL user will be an Service user only. SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER ¡V is a Service user for Application systems. For further info. go to url http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/92/3bc0401b778031e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Can I get a list of all standard users in XI in following format :

1. Name of user

2. Type of access in XI (Dialog or service)

3. Type of access in R/3 (Dialog or Service)

Go to Tcode SE11 „³In Database table give USR02 „³ Display „³ see the contents of this or ctrlshift10 „³ Execute (F8) „³ You will get the table „³ In the column ¡§USTYP¡¨ if it is ¡§A¡¨ then he is a ¡§Dialog User¡¨ if it is ¡§S¡¨ then he is a ¡§Service User¡¨

Go to Tcode SU01. „³ Specify the User name „³ Display(f7) „³ click on Logon tab „³ Under ¡§User Type¡¨ you can check whether the user is a Dialog or a Service user.

Also a normal dialog user is used by one person only for all types of logon.

During a dialog logon, the system checks for expired and initial passwords and provides an option to change the password. Multiple dialog logons are checked and logged if necessary.

A user of the type Service is a dialog user that is available to an anonymous, larger group of users. Generally, this type of user should only be assigned very restricted authorizations.

For example, service users are used for anonymous system access using an ITS service or a public Web service. Once an individual has been authenticated, a session that started anonymously using a service user can be continued as a personal session using a dialog user. During logon, the system does not check for expired and initial passwords. Only the user administrator can change the password. Multiple logon is allowed.

This might help you:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d5f57332-0a01-0010-12ab-dd4...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asad,

Dialog Users are we guys who login from IR, ID, SLD and RWB. They maintained in ABAP stack of WAS. Some roles for this users are predefined and given by SAP. "PFCG" is the Tcode where you can find the defined roles.

The service users are used for internal communication within XI components which are trigerred by Dialog users. The service user username, password, language are given in Exchange profile.open http://<host>:<port>/rep/start/index.jsp in the browser. You replace host and port with what you have given during installation. Once you open this page then click on "Administration" then

Repository/Administration of Properties/Exchange Profile

Directory/Administration of Properties/Exchange Profile

Runtime/Administration of Properties/Exchange Profile

Apart from this go through the urls as given by Michal.

Regards,

---Mohan